Replacement for HDR-FOX T2

Philbert

Well, the FOXT2 has finally died, looks like a PSU problem related to the earlier issues.

Went to power it up after about a month in standby and... nothing.
It was stuck on the orange front panel power led and the HDD spinning, don't know how long it had been like that as it was warm. It ignores all input from either remote or front panel, so powered it down and back up again only to get just the orange power led again and the HDD spinning up after about a minute, otherwise thats it, totally dead. TV suggests its getting something via HDMI but it doesn't recognise the signal.

Not sure which to get, an Aura or a Manhattan TR-4, I think both are fairly limited Freeview-wise unless they have the internet, so I think they will be a disappointment.

Not sure which to get, an Aura or a Manhattan TR-4, I think both are fairly limited Freeview-wise unless they have the internet, so I think they will be a disappointment.
In what way do you think they will be limited in terms of watching and recording Freeview programmes by the lack of an Internet connection?

As Martin says!

Can't comment on the Manhattan. The Aura can record the full range of over-the-air channels. With the internet you can access those internet provided channels listed in the Freeview EPG (LCN 263-295). Then there are additional apps available for iPlayer, ITVX, My5, Channel4, (soon to be) U, Pluto and others. I'd expect the Manhattan to be able to match some or all of that.

Well I've got a Manhattan T4R, and its missing a few things I took for granted with the T2, such as no Freeview search function or EPG PIP unless you have an internet connection (the T2 could do both standalone), and the sole USB port at the back is for F/W updates only.

I've updated it to the latest F/W but it still misses scheduled recordings, only one so far. Picture quality is a bit iffy with motion, as noticed by other users.
At least it records. Most of the time.

Well I've got a Manhattan T4R, and its missing a few things I took for granted with the T2, such as no Freeview search function or EPG PIP unless you have an internet connection (the T2 could do both standalone), and the sole USB port at the back is for F/W updates only.

I've updated it to the latest F/W but it still misses scheduled recordings, only one so far. Picture quality is a bit iffy with motion, as noticed by other users.
At least it records. Most of the time.
Are you aware that for the T4-R, Manhattan are currently recommending setting the ‘Standby Mode’ to 'Energy Saver' to ensure your programmes record properly, while the attempt to sort out the intermittent missed recording issue?

Are you aware that for the T4-R, Manhattan are currently recommending setting the ‘Standby Mode’ to 'Energy Saver' to ensure your programmes record properly, while the attempt to sort out the intermittent missed recording issue?
Yep, hence the f/w upgrade and cross my fingers

Energy saver mode disables 'loop out in standby', so if the TV ariel is connected through the Manhattan, you have to turn on the recorder just to watch telly...

Back