• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Request for information re hrwconv

I am attempting to produce an Ubuntu live and Windows version of this utility. I have found suitable ffmpeg and produced sidecar for both environments. I have pulled the hrwconv script from a humax box. It uses "HRW2HDR=/mod/bin/hrw2hdr" but I can not find anything on hrw2hdr using the forum search. Any pointers please.

MymsMan

Ad detector
hw2dr is a compiled C program that lives in the /mod/bin/ directory if he package is installed.

To use it on Ubuntu you would need to compile it for that environment but the source is not included in the package, you would need to contact the package owner (@xyz321) to see if he was willing to make the source available or provide a Ubuntu executable

edit: already answered whilst I was delayed in posting :)

prpr

To use it on Ubuntu you would need to compile it for that environment but the source is not included in the package, you would need to contact the package owner (@xyz321) to see if he was willing to make the source available or provide a Ubuntu executable
I think you'll find sceedy is doing something rather clever somehow, which doesn't involve source code. I haven't had time to look in any detail at what/how.
But if the person with the source is willing to port, then that's got to be an offer not to refuse I'd have thought.

OP
OP
S

sceedy

I would like to use hrw2hdr in 2 ports of hrwconv, one that can be run from a live linux distro and the other that can be run from windows. Therefore I would like 2 ports. For a live linux distro it needs to be a static linux executable (my problems with sidecar was all to do with it being linked dynamically). For windows I would prefer it to be a 32bit executable as this will execute on everything from xp to 10. It was at 7 that 95% of windows installs were 64 bits. Thanks for the offer xzy321.

prpr - The "something clever" was to produce a staticly linked version of sidecar i.e. one that can be run when aproximatly 70% of the dynamic library is missing. The windows version was an asperation that I managed to achieve. My final goal has always been a port of hrwconv that can take advantage of a pc with more processing umph than the hummy!