Reset while scanning new channels!

esseff

So, I just wanted to see whether there were any new channels, so set it to auto search for them. I used to have a 9200 and would do this now and again just to see. Well, after doing this, all my favourites were gone, as well as every scheduled recording! Took me ages to set it all up again. WTF! Surely this is a bug as how else am I to get a new channel without losing all my settings?

Well, after doing this, all my favourites were gone, as well as every scheduled recording!
The 9200 with recent software versions also deleted the schedule of recordings. I agree it is top of my list of things that Humax should improve in the standard software for the HDR-FOX T2 and the HDR-2000T.

You'd think, after all this time making these boxes, something as basic as this just wouldn't be there. I wonder if the people who create the software ever use the boxes they work on? Surely anyone who lives with one of these a while would get a sense of what could be improved or know what needs to be sorted out.

Just out of interest, what are the other things in your list of needed improvements?

You'd think, after all this time making these boxes, something as basic as this just wouldn't be there.
It was introduced deliberately for the 9200 because people were complaining that when they retuned their scheduled recordings were failing (this happens if the retune picks up a different transmitter); as a workaround this was fine. However, as the custom firmware for the HDR-FOX T2 has demonstrated. it isn't very difficult to patch the recording schedule (in most cases) so it continues to work. I am sure this is a major source of irritation to all users and why it hasn't been improved I have no idea.
I wonder if the people who create the software ever use the boxes they work on?
As the people who create the software are in South Korea I would be pretty confident that they only use the boxes in a test environment.
Just out of interest, what are the other things in your list of needed improvements?
Aerial loop through to work when box is in standby (Barry over at MyHumax believes this has been fixed by Humax and will be in a software update at some point).
Changes to the LED intensities so that it is possible to easily see if the box is in standby or recording.
DLNA streaming of HD content to work (it isn't clear to me whether this has been deliberately disabled or is a bug).
Bug with networking (sorry I can't remember the exact details as it doesn't affect us) to be fixed.
The IPTV channels that currently don't work to be fixed.
DLNA client not to crash box when there is a DLNA server on the network that it doesn't "like" eg Twonky 7.

The wish list would also include
Remote scheduling
Additional players for channels other than BBC.

As the people who create the software are in South Korea I would be pretty confident that they only use the boxes in a test environment.
Agreed, and therein lies the problem. They need a couple of people who will actually use the box where it's intended to test it in a real life situation. Don't they bother with such testers?

Changes to the LED intensities so that it is possible to easily see if the box is in standby or recording.
This interests me based on how I actually use it.

Agreed, and therein lies the problem. They need a couple of people who will actually use the box where it's intended to test it in a real life situation. Don't they bother with such testers?
Yes of course they have testers and despite what some people here think, the testers do a very good job. However when something is found that is not indisputably a bug then I suspect the UK Humax management have to decide whether it is worth spending the money to change it and then if they do decide it should be changed they have to successfully argue the case with the management in South Korea.

The lack of an option to allow RF passthrough in standby seems like a big omission to me; it is good that a fix is pending. The 2000T software is clearly based on the HDR-FOX T2 software, modified for the new hardware. I presume that as the front panel on the T2 is more complex, with both LEDs lights and a clock, this function would have needed a significant rewrite so they just removed the option.

I'll be amazed if aerial pass-through can be fixed by a firmware update, but we'll see...

I'll be amazed if aerial pass-through can be fixed by a firmware update, but we'll see...
Barry over at MyHumax says it has been; he is usually a reliable source. The fact that it is possible suggests to me that it was catered for in the hardware design but dropped at a later stage when the software was finalised.

Back