Resetting the HDR FOX T2 (1TB version)

Robert71

Hello,
Having a lot of trouble with my HDR FOX T2, from the media guide, it is constantly displaying 'Deleting...' this has been going on for weeks, nothing is disappearing from the list i.e. not recurring deleting problem.
On the system menu I cannot access the Installation option to perform a factory reset. Current firmware is 1.03.12 (humax orig.).

I have backed-up all the files off the drive via ftp so I'm quite happy to reset the device and delete all the recordings as I can replace them from the backups as necessary.
From reading, it appears that the customized firmware is an option.
Other than that, I seem stuck at the moment, could do with input from those more knowledgeable than myself :)
Thanks in advance,
Robert

1. You've posted in the HD-FOX section.

2. Yes it is the delete problem, but if nothing is disappearing your volume has gone read-only.

My apologies, thought I was in the right section oops...
Thanks for the pointer I'll give that a read and post any further questions in the correct section.
Robert

Hello All,
Thanks for the information, I have solved the problem I was having by replacing the hard drive with a Seagate Barracuda 1Tb version, all is working well now thanks.
I also have two backup copies of my contents, now to copy some files back from the backup drive.
Thanks again,
Robert

Aahh.. Didn't spot that they were tied/locked to the individual machine.
Will have to investigate the custom firmware.
Thankyou

Back