1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forum software that supports hummy.tv will be upgraded on Sunday to XenForo 2.0 and so will be unavailable for periods during the day. This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us, there will doubtless be further style changes required following this work.

Reverting HDR Fox T2 to stock firmware.

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by Wallace, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Wallace

Wallace Slightly Pickled

I would like to completely remove the custom firmware, WebIF and all, then at a later date, re-install everything.

I remember reading how to do this but I just cannot find it now! DOH.

I want to remove the directories form the HDD so there is no trace whatsoever of the modifications. I don't just want to 'break the links' between factory & custom firmware.

I can use PuTTy to telnet in to 'do the dirty deed'
  2. Black Hole

Black Hole May contain traces of nut

Telnet in, "rm -rf /mod/*"
    Then overload the firmware with the official 1.02.20.

af123 might be along later to correct me!
  3. Wallace

Wallace Slightly Pickled

That's the blighter! I remember reading that in the very early days of the custom firmware but couldn't remember where.

4. xyz321

xyz321 Well-Known Member

...or click the button on the "Settings" page.
  5. Wallace

Wallace Slightly Pickled

That's what I tried first. Didn't seem to do anything! I did tell me to reboot using the remote control, which I did. But when it rebooted, everything was still there!
  6. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

Here is the WiKi entry for removal HERE
  7. Wallace

Wallace Slightly Pickled

Cheers Ezra. Believe it or not, I did a quick search of the WiKi too.

The link will hopefully help others too.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk