Rollback from custom firmware

kevvyb

Hi

I have previously installed the Raydon custom firmware (media server bundle).

I have found this very slow to transfer recording and experienced many recordings becoming corrupted and unplayable. I have therefore stopped using it.

I would like to roll back to the standard firmware. Is this possible and where might I download it?

EDITS:
  1. I updated to custom with a file named: FOXSAT-HDR_firmware_upgrade.hdf which I still have.
  2. I do not know what my original firmware was when unit was purchased.
  3. I am assuming that my model is known as: FOXSAT HDR (twin tuner model with 500GB hard drive) is there any way to check this if it matters? See image - mine has two LNB IN sockets unlike the image on the which version page.
  4. Would it be better to use one of the other downloads to return to standard firmware? I am looking at this link (//wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads...) at downloads under custom firmware named like this "HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.13.zip - (28/04/2017)"
  5. My TV no longer supports BBC iPlayer and I have been using an Amazon Firestick for on demand programming. I don't think I have ever been able to use the Foxsat to get iPlayer.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20181003_181500_resized.jpg
    20181003_181500_resized.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
It's more likely to be your disk/filesystems that are the cause of the problems and you are better off with the CF than without it for fixing them.

There is a label on the box that tells you what it is, and there will be something on the front that says Foxsat HDR.
The last standard firmware is here:
http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd/Foxsat-HDR_1.00.21.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

You do NOT want anything called HDR_FOX_T2 if you have a satellite box, as that is for a terrestrial box.
Foxsat is no longer capable of accessing iPlayer.

Back