Rookie question or someone who really shouldn't be allowed to touch electricity?

Trev

The Dumb One
Spotted on AVF

Q1. How can I tell I'd I have a V1 or V2 {Sky} box?
A. V1 has an internal power suplly, v2 is external
Q2. Sorry for the rookie question but could you expand on this please. Is there any visible way from just looking at the box mate? :frantic:

Q2 was from a different member to Q1

Is there any visible way from just looking at the box mate?
:rolling:

To answer your question: they should not be allowed anywhere near electricity. Not sure they sound competent enough to even operate a switch.
Having said that I'm beginning to question my competence! Internal power supply to me would mean batteries. :D

To be fair the answer could have been couched more clearly. All mains-powered boxes have, by definition, an external power supply.

Presumably you are referring to Battersea Power Station or its modern equivalent

Presumably you are referring to Battersea Power Station or its modern equivalent
Do you mean one of these wind farms, or something with a bit more oomph - like the 2GW Ratcliffe-on-Soar power station?ros.jpg
Now that is what I call an external power supply.

Maybe, but it supplies quite a bit of power. As did Drax until they changed to the wood chips that cost more than coal, produce more CO2, are not renewable (well not for 20-40 years anyway), spontaneously ignite, cost loadsamoney to import from the States/Canada, etc. etc. What's not to like?

The daft thing about that is that my local tree surgeon has hundreds of tonnes of wood chips that he can't get rid of ... Cost of trucking them to a generator makes it uneconomical.

Back