[rs] Can't delete directory

marsha11

A directory containing series recordings can be deleted in webif but not in rs. The following entry appears in the rs device logs ...
Directory '/dir_name' is not empty

Deleting files from RS was originally intended to be an emergency tool for when you're away from home and the disk is filling up, rather than a day-to-day management tool. It would be fairly easy to enable deletion of folders (and all files within) if it's something that people want.

At the moment, it's confusing because RS allows you to select the folder for deletion, even when it knows it has contents.
It should at least disable it in this case, pending the outcome of your "what people want" test.

To my embarrassment, after using RS (very happily) for a few years now, I frustratingly did not realise that recordings could be viewed. Seeing the OP I realised that it is possible and have now worked out how. I do find this counter-intuitive (perhaps it is me !) so could another button, say after Visual, be created to access them ?

Last edited:
At the moment, it's confusing because RS allows you to select the folder for deletion, even when it knows it has contents.
It should at least disable it in this case, pending the outcome of your "what people want" test.
People might want to queue up a number of deletions, recordings followed by the folder. Disabling the option would prevent that - they would need to come back after the first batch had been processed.

Back