RS EPG empty

aam54

I am new here, have a Foxsat HDR and installed the latest firmware (4.1.3) which is impressive... Thankyou.

I installed RS and opened a new account over a week ago.

Everything works fine appart from the EPG on the rc.hpkg.tv website which remains stubbernly empty. EPG on the HDR works fine, the home page log says it uploaded 39829 entries, tried push ect but the epg remains empty.

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you push your channels to the server?

Have a look at the documentation in WebIf on the box:

http://<hostname>/cgi-bin/documentation.jim RemoteScheduling Plug-in Guide | Configuration & Logging

Yes, the log says "already up to date"
Gone through the documentation, searched the web for solutions but nothing I have tried works.

Please provide a sceenshot of the WebIf RemoteScheduling Plug-in Settings. This might give me a clue, eg whether it has correctly identified your Freesat region.

Also, if you could PM me the MAC address of the PVR (you can find that on https://rs.hpkg.tv/acct/ or on the PVR itself), that'll help me (plus potentially af123) to look into your PVR's data on the portal.

Thankyou for taking the time to help with this.

The screen shot is below, will PM the mac address in a min:-

1594803151766.png

Great, thanks, notice how the channel push reports "Pushed channels: 0 channels".

Which channels do you see on the WebIf Channel Lists page (http://<hostname>/cgi-bin/channellists.jim)?

I see a full list of chanels and have two groups "HD Channels" and "Main Chanels" both have some items selected but not all.

1594803977101.png

Thanks, in that case, it looks like the RS extensions to the channels database aren't working.

Are you able to connect to the box using Telnet from a PC and run a few commands and provide me the result?

Great, please run the following commands on the box:

Code:
ls -al /opt/epg/channels*.db > /opt/tmp/channels_databases.txt

sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db .schema > /opt/tmp/channels_schema.txt
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels2.db .schema > /opt/tmp/channels2_schema.txt

sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select * from tbl_svc_x order by uslcn;" > /opt/tmp/non_hidden_channels.txt
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels2.db "select * from tbl_svc_x order by uslcn;" > /opt/tmp/non_hidden_channels2.txt

sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select tsd.usLcn usLcn, tsd.szSvcName szSvcName, ts.szSvcName szDisplayName, tsd.usSvcId usSvcId, tsd.usSvcId hSvc \
from   tbl_svc_default_x tsd join tbl_svc_x ts using (uslcn) \
where  ts.hidden = 0 \
order  by ts.usLcn;" > /opt/tmp/pushed_channels.txt
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels2.db "select tsd.usLcn usLcn, tsd.szSvcName szSvcName, ts.szSvcName szDisplayName, tsd.usSvcId usSvcId, tsd.usSvcId hSvc \
from   tbl_svc_default_x tsd join tbl_svc_x ts using (uslcn) \
where  ts.hidden = 0 \
order  by ts.usLcn;" > /opt/tmp/pushed_channels2.txt

And then reply with all the resulting files attached:

Code:
/opt/tmp/channels_databases.txt
/opt/tmp/channels_schema.txt
/opt/tmp/channels2_schema.txt
/opt/tmp/non_hidden_channels.txt
/opt/tmp/non_hidden_channels2.txt
/opt/tmp/pushed_channels.txt
/opt/tmp/pushed_channels2.txt

Ok done that and the files are attached, Thankyou

Attachments

• non_hidden_channels2.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 2
  • non_hidden_channels.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 2
  • channels2_schema.txt
    4 KB · Views: 1
  • channels_schema.txt
    4 KB · Views: 1
  • channels_databases.txt
    157 bytes · Views: 1
  • pushed_channels.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
  • pushed_channels2.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
Thanks a lot. That all looks fine. I'm wondering whether "rs push channels" crashes because you're pushing all 179 channels and we're running into a limit in relation to grabbing satellite band/polarization.

Do you really want to expose all those channels via RS? The more channels you push, the longer it takes to collect and push the EPG to the server once or twice a day.

You can hide the channels you don't need on RS on the WebIf Channel Editor page http://<hostname>/plugin/channeleditor/cgi-bin/channeleditor.jim.

Please run the following command on the box and provide the resulting file /opt/tmp/push_channels.txt and also let me know whether the process crashes (reports Segmentation Fault or similar).

Code:
rs -d 2 push channels > /opt/tmp/push_channels.txt

Thankyou for that.

I didnt realise that many channels where being pushed, I can trim that list down a lot, do I set them to hidden in the channel editor?

I ran the command and the file is attached.

Attachments

• push_channels.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for that.

Please refer to WebIf Documentation | RemoteScheduling Plug-in Guide | Overview regarding hidden channels.

But hold off for now, as it seems that something else is wrong. Please run the following commands:
Code:
ls -al /opt/bin/fsi.sh > /opt/tmp/ls_fsi.txt
cat /opt/bin/fsi.sh > /opt/tmp/cat_fsi.txt
fsi.sh > /opt/tmp/fsi.txt
and provided the following files:
Code:
/opt/tmp/ls_fsi.txt
/opt/tmp/cat_fsi.txt
/opt/tmp/fsi.txt

Ok, I have run thoes commands and the files are attached.

Attachments

• cat_fsi.txt
    110 bytes · Views: 1
  • fsi.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 2
  • ls_fsi.txt
    73 bytes · Views: 1
Thanks, which confirms that fsi.sh is running correctly. rs push channels should be able to grab that within its limits but somehow it doesn't work.

I need some time debugging on one of my test PVRs.

If you want to get this working on this PVR now I'm afraid you have to hide non-required channels in Channel Editor and then re-push after a reboot (keep doing this until you see that the number of channels pushed is > 0). Sorry about that.

Back