Schedule list shows programmes already recorded.

Update: After leaving it tuned into BBC1 SD for five minutes the schedule has repaired itself and has changed the University Challenge schedule to next week.
I'm not convinced you've proven anything. I don't expect the EPG to update unless you change channel anyway.

After following all the suggestions here (thanks everyone!) everything's working as normal now. However, I still don't understand why this has suddenly happened to a cluster of people on different machines. My boxes have been more or less permanently tuned to BBC1HD for many years, but (except for a short episode in January 2021) this is the first time I've encountered the 'stale EPG' problem. To be honest, I can't recall ever having a failed series link recording, except when there's been a schedule change or a power cut. Is this a new problem with Freeview EPG data that our old Humaxes can't deal with?

Is this a new problem with Freeview EPG data that our old Humaxes can't deal with?
I believe there has been some kind of disruption on the BBC HD mux, coincident with resumption of BBC THREE, which appears to have been resolved.

My boxes have been more or less permanently tuned to BBC1HD for many years, but (except for a short episode in January 2021) this is the first time I've encountered the 'stale EPG' problem. To be honest, I can't recall ever having a failed series link recording, except when there's been a schedule change or a power cut.
So long as there was an "EPG refresh event" no less than once a week, mostly series-linked schedules should work fine. People are noticing that the next item is not being scheduled when it should occur no less than 7 days after the last refresh event.

What will be of great interest is if somebody can show a recording not having being scheduled when it is within that 7-day window of a confirmed refresh event.

Back