Seen on eBay: a seller who thinks the Humax remote app works on HDR-FOX!

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I've just bought this, because I don't seem to have any working spares at the moment:

1620581787745.jpeg

Oh yes? I shall have my fun with the seller when it arrives and I find the app doesn't work!

.. so the seller is arguably correct in that they don't state 'official' Humax app, albeit support is for Android only.

Maybe, but neither is he upfront in saying it's unofficial either, or that non-Humax firmware and software will need to be installed on the HDR-FOX itself. Easier than using a real handset? I don't think so!

I think it is entirely reasonable that I should look on the Humax website for a "Humax Remote Control app", and IIRC there is one (but not for HDR-FOX).

Right, well, searching the Humax site or the iOS app store for "humax remote" comes up with this:

7172CC3F-18DC-4D7F-A3ED-789BFDD86F40.jpeg

The interesting thing about it is that so long as the DLNA server is turned on the app picks it up and offers to control it, and even claims to send it commands (which are, of course, not actioned). 192.168.1.108 is the current IP address of the "new" unit (which all checks out satisfactorily with seal intact and 6446 hours on the HDD):

1620918771646.jpeg

Right, well, searching the Humax site or the iOS app store for "humax remote" comes up with this:

View attachment 5537

The interesting thing about it is that so long as the DLNA server is turned on the app picks it up and offers to control it, and even claims to send it commands (which are, of course, not actioned). 192.168.1.108 is the current IP address of the "new" unit (which all checks out satisfactorily with seal intact and 6446 hours on the HDD):

View attachment 5538
I've never managed to get this to work on my network for my HDR FOX T2, but a friend did have it working for his HDR-2000T

Attachments

• humax-screenshot1.jpg
    humax-screenshot1.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 10
That's Android is it? It's hard to see how it could be HDR-FOX compatible. The same screen on the iOS app:

1620925172455.png

I can't see where that link provides any information! The other screens contain some clangers too.

Last edited:
That's Android is it? It's hard to see how it could be HDR-FOX compatible. The same screen on the iOS app:

View attachment 5540

I can't see where that link provides any information! The other screens contain some clangers too.
Yes, my screenshot was from the supported devices on the Android app.
My friend confirms the app still works on his HDR-2000T providing it's on the same network (as the device with the controlling app) and content share is switched on. It is selectable as 'HDR-2000T Media Server: <ip address>'.

So there's some UPnP code in the HDR-2000T's DLNA server, which if it's like the Foxes is part of a single program, that parses the commands received over the network and controls the settop program.

From the point of view of the other forum (ir, etc), nothing to see here.

Back