Send files from t2 to a dtrt 2000

What have you tried?

The obvious thing is to copy to a usb device (be that a UPD or a portable hard drive) and then play from the usb device on the 2000.

There are wrinkles of course:
  1. If the original material is HiDef, it will need to be "unprotected" before you copy it to USB. If you are running the CF autounprotect package, this is automatic.

2. As standard, the HDR-FOX will only write to FAT32 or Ext3. If you use FAT32 the file size is limited to 4GB (and will truncate without telling you). The CF ntfs-3g package lets you write to NTFS, and as the HDR-FOX will read NTFS I presume the 2000 can too.
See Things Every... (click) section 12.

What have you tried?

The obvious thing is to copy to a usb device (be that a UPD or a portable hard drive) and then play from the usb device on the 2000.

There are wrinkles of course:
  1. If the original material is HiDef, it will need to be "unprotected" before you copy it to USB. If you are running the CF autounprotect package, this is automatic.

2. As standard, the HDR-FOX will only write to FAT32 or Ext3. If you use FAT32 the file size is limited to 4GB (and will truncate without telling you). The CF ntfs-3g package lets you write to NTFS, and as the HDR-FOX will read NTFS I presume the 2000 can too.
See Things Every... (click) section 12.
Thanks I haven’t tried anything yet I thought to ask here first, my mother is nearly 90 and tried her with an Apple TV also plex but now wanting to try this as I have a few hundred movies that would keep her happy. I decrypt and run auto unprotect on all files. I will try an external usb to see. I just wondered is anyone had did this before
Thanks

The youview DTR-T2000 does not have any USB media player capability.

Hi just wondered if there was anyway to get movies from my box to my mothers 2000 ?
There is no known way that has been proved to work.

The only chance you would have is by removing the DTR-T2000 hard disk and loading the HDR-FOX T2 recordings on to the hard disk as if they had been re corded by the DTR-T2000. This not only involves getting the format , encryption and side car files and which partition to load them on to correct but also updating the DTR-T2000 database of recordings. If the recording isn't registered on the database then the DTR-T2000 will delete the foreign files.

There have been a couple, or more, of reported attempts to transfer youview SD recordings from 1 unit to another youview recorder but none of the attempts have reported success.

Last edited:
The youview DTR-T2000 does not have any USB media player capability.

There is no known way that has been proved to work.

The only chance you would have is by removing the DTR-T2000 hard disk and loading the HDR-FOX T2 recordings on to the hard disk as if they had been re corded by the DTR-T2000. This not only involves getting the format , encryption and side car files and which partition to load them on to correct but also updating the DTR-T2000 database of recordings. If the recording isn't registered on the database then the DTDR-T2000 will delete the foreign files.

There have been a couple, or more, of reported attempts to transfer youview SD recordings from 1 unit to another youview recorder but none of the attempts have reported success.
Thanks for explaining it was just a thought, might need to just get her new used box the same as mine

might need to just get her new used box the same as mine
Maybe... or if the TV itself is modern enough, it might well be able to play content from a USB drive without any intermediate box. You might have to re-encode to MP4 or something, but I have had success using .TS on a Samsung smart TV.

Back