Serial port?

Yep, started with a DVM and double checked with an oscilloscope.
This is right from power up. My display flashing instl as I've not not setup anything yet.

Surprised you are um, surprised !
You wrote on the last page:

next guess is USB which fits nicely with the pinout of +5V, 3.3V signalling on 2 pins and gnd on the fourth

That's what I'm seeing?
I don't detect anything on PIN2,3 from the external USB port.
But then talking to a collegue who knows much more than me, suggests that should be the case until a valid USB device is inserted and detection routines start.
I'll see about playing with it more over the weekend.

Ahh... I thought you had stable 3.3V on pins 2 and 3. What I saw was 3.3V signalling (pulse train).
I haven't been able to do any more measurements, but I'll see if I can do any in the coming weeks...
Too bad you don't have a HDR-T2, the measurements from that one would be really interesting for me...

I can see the UART socket. Above it's been said this is not a serial port ? Maybe it's USB ?
That's possible, and another USB port would be quite useful. The kernel says that the box has 4 interfaces: 2 USB 1.1 and 2 USB 2.0. I am not sure whether that makes a total of 2 or 4 ports, but either way there should be another USB port somewhere. The 4 pin connectors are obvious candidates.

Also looking to see if there is a SATA port hidden somewhere inside here.
That would be great. JP2 may be one, but it is hard to be certain without measuring at least the voltage and resistance.

Anyway, did you manage to figure anything out?

And on the software side you can see a driver for two eSATA ports under /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:01:00.0. I hope we can find the connector...

Back