Series Helper Files - not being recognised

Fevvahz

Hello - I stumbled across the series helper file feature of Dedup, but I can't get it working. Funnily enough, Im trying to organise the recordings of the big bang theory, as per the example tbbt.series.info file linked on the package page.

I've placed it in the appropriate directory, and renamed it to series.info as per the instructions, but each time I run the dedup/tidy, it tells me there's nothing to do. I've got around 200 recordings, and I've previously dedup/tidied the folder, so the file name is the series name.

Is there any further information on the Dedup (Series Helper File) feature other than whats listed here on the Custom_Firmware_Package_Notes#Dedup_.28Series_Helper_File.29 page

Thanks Ezra, I read through the thread be emrok (/hummy.tv/forum/threads/dedup-series-helper-files.2832/) before I posted, and it helped a little with the understanding of the package, but is there a definitive syntax explained anywhere?

I've found the second SeriesFiler threads lower down, I'll take a look through - thanks!

There is also the WiKi Series Files Notes HERE, but as you can see, most of the Series Filer functions are now carried out by Sweeper, however I don't think sweeper can currently make use of a Series Helper File
BTW
I have re-grouped all the Dedup / Series Filer links in the #2 WiKi link, so they are all under 'Series Filer'

Oh I see! Ah right, well I installed sweeper for another reason too, so I'll try and get it to rename files appropriately instead of series filer. Thanks for your help!

... I've previously dedup/tidied the folder, so the file name is the series name.
That's your problem. The recordings are flagged as having been deduped before so they won't be again.

If you upgrade to webif 1.0.16-3 then you'll find a new option in the dedup screen. Go to dedup the folder and click on Process Folder. I expect it will say nothing to do on all recordings, but then a new button should appear 'Force re-processing folder'. That should make dedup run again, honouring the series.info file this time.

I've also updated the TBBT series file at http://hpkg.tv/series/tbbt.series.info up to the end of series 7.

Just updated webif to 1.0.16-3, and the Force re-processing folder has worked like a charm! You. Are. Awesome.

Back