Series link and split programmes (Pick, Your TV etc)

EEPhil

Number 28
Anyone else having problems with some of the minor channels?
  • On Pick, I tried to series link NCIS: Los Angeles and it keeps giving me Hawaii 5-O. Even stranger, it schedules H5O and NCIS:LA but calls them both Hawaii 5-O.
  • On YourTV, various (nearly all) programmes are listed as split ones. If you set a one-off recording you get two copies of the same episode - one from today and the repeat from tomorrow. A series link causes mayhem!
I'm sure I've seen the split programme problem on other channels - not including the film ones.
To resolve the problems I'm having I've had to resort to manually scheduling - just like in the VCR days. :(

• On Pick, I tried to series link NCIS: Los Angeles and it keeps giving me Hawaii 5-O. Even stranger, it schedules H5O and NCIS:LA but calls them both Hawaii 5-O.
Pick also did something similar earlier in the year by using the same series crid for The Flash and Supergirl. Someone on another forum said that they asked pick, and pick said it was deliberate and was part of a combined "Superhero Summer" series.
Perhaps this new series is a summer crime wave.

• On YourTV, various (nearly all) programmes are listed as split ones. If you set a one-off recording you get two copies of the same episode - one from today and the repeat from tomorrow. A series link causes mayhem!
A collision of two factors, YourTV's unconventional use of spit indicators, and Humax's lack of a working inclusion in its code for the spit 3 hour rule.
The result on a Vestel is a lot better, due to the 3 hour rule, even though Vestel's don't have a very good reputation

YourTV's unconventional use of spit indicators
That's the point, anything else is irrelevant (I assume you mean "split"). If the broadcasters choose not to respect convention, how are consumer equipment manufacturers supposed to guess?

That's the point, anything else is irrelevant (I assume you mean "split"). If the broadcasters choose not to respect convention, how are consumer equipment manufacturers supposed to guess?
"Convention"? With the standards there is no need for the code to guess. According to the rules it should not cause an issue. The d-book clearly states that two events that have the same CRID and IMI value should not be treated as a single item of content if there is a three hour gap or more. It is possible that YourTV's use of the IMi was deliberate. The described issue is occurring because of Humax's code lack of a working inclusion in its code for the spit 3 hour rule.

Potentially the problem could be resolved by a CF package on the HDR Fox T2 but since @EEPhil doesn't have one it wouldn't solve it for him :(

Another consequence of YourTV's problems is if you do an instant record of the current (one hour) programme, the damn thing tries to record for 23 hours. Argh!
since @EEPhil doesn't have one it wouldn't solve it for him
Back to manual recording. Therefore, to quote Luke - Spit.

Back