Series Recording cancelling some episodes

antipodean

I have a bit of a puzzle, for some reason series recording sometimes drops some episodes. Looking at the EPG the episode shows with an orange fill as though I have requested 'skip this episode' when I haven't asked to skip it.

When this happens there is no way to select the episode to record it unless you select it on HD (when recording on SD) or on +1 channel.

It is not related to the shenanigans of the mess the Queens funeral has made of the schedules as this particular incidence is happening on Channel 4. I'm trying to series record "Chateau DIY" and it suddenly marked last Fridays episode to not record, and now looking at this weeks schedule it has done the same for this coming Friday. All the other episodes for this week are marked for recording, along with the ones showing for next Monday - but Friday is being skipped.

Anyone else seen this, or know of a reason it happens? I expect that once a series recording has been set up it should 'just work'! I have another rant about channels that keep changing the CRID for a program on series record, but this is not that problem.

Just a suggestion (I don't know how it would show up in the CF EPG): could that episode be a repeat of an episode already successfully recorded? It could be that the CF skip feature forces a skip by registering a programme CRID in the database as "recorded" - that's how the standard firmware keeps track of such things.

Just a suggestion (I don't know how it would show up in the CF EPG): could that episode be a repeat of an episode already successfully recorded? It could be that the CF skip feature forces a skip by registering a programme CRID in the database as "recorded" - that's how the standard firmware keeps track of such things.
It was certainly not the case with last Friday, the episode number in the description was sequential to the previous day. Seeing you mention this as a possibility I just checked this Fridays entry, and it is sequential to the Thursday and following Monday episodes.

It was certainly not the case with last Friday, the episode number in the description was sequential to the previous day. Seeing you mention this as a possibility I just checked this Fridays entry, and it is sequential to the Thursday and following Monday episodes.
The mechanisms to avoid recording all the repeats don't use the descriptions, nor anything derived from the descriptions. They use the programmes' CRIDs.

Last edited:
(I don't know how it would show up in the CF EPG)
by not showing up i.e. the episode doesn't have a record icon against it

It does, but due to the Humax limit of only remembering 5 episodes at a time my understanding is that the CF can also store excess CRIDs elsewhere until there is room and has some sort of method for which 5 are stored.

Somewhere there is a reply to one of my posts where I presumed that you could only skip up to 5 episodes and I was corrected. I did not ask how it does this but since then I have used it one one occasion for a sport event in earnest and it worked fine for me.

In the webif and RS schedule pages there is Refresh Events option under More+ menu.
This will clear out the recording schedule, recorded episodes and skip list, then the Humax will re-populate the recording schedule later.

This can be useful when things go wrong. A few days ago the schedule was showing two episodes of the Chase scheduled for every day this week!

In the webif and RS schedule pages there is Refresh Events option under More+ menu.
Hmm, cannot find the More+ menu anywhere on either RS or the Webif.
I have everything set up for grid type display rather than now/next, but I don't think that would make a difference.
Looking through the packages to see if there is something that might be relevant I see 'schedchk', do I need that?

The mechanisms to avoid recording all the repeats don't use the descriptions, nor anything derived from the descriptions. They use the programmes' CRIDs.
Just checked the CRID and Series CRID for Friday and the Thursday and Monday episodes. They all make sense, the series CRID is the same for all of them, and the CRID is incrementing in a sensible manner (Thursday 71685/023, Friday 71685/024, Monday 71685/025).

The programme in question is Chateau DIY, Channel 4, daily at 16:00.

Looking through the packages to see if there is something that might be relevant I see 'schedchk', do I need that?
Hopefuly schedules will be getting back to normal now but schedchk can be useful in attempting to resolve changes to the schedule such as when programmes move time or channel as they have done it the last few days. It is not perfect since the epg doesn't always get updated fast enough

On ITV 'The Suspect' ep4 didn't happen yesterday and is on tonight instead. But the series link (on our Aura) hasn't picked it up and is expecting next Monday's, so I assume the ID is broken.
I've set a single recording for tonight and we'll see what happens next week.

Fortunately the things I really wanted to record (Shetland, Maigret, The Saint on TPTV not ITV4) succeeded without incident. Some of the other things went belly-up. Always worth checking the schedule daily (might as well just watch the programme live!)

I have just deleted the EPG data on my boxes in maintenance mode, and they have successfully repopulated with what looks like more sensible data vs the Freeview app.

What is required to achieve the same on RS? It is hopelessly out of date, in Anglia region at least.

What is required to achieve the same on RS? It is hopelessly out of date, in Anglia region at least.
RS crowd sources EPG data just uploading the data from one Humax in each region so it never picks up any last minute EPG changes and has been hopeless since the Queen died.

Back