'Settings' Not Working For CF?

lancer

Just been on the CF doing some housekeeping and tried to go into 'settings' several times. All I get is a blank screen and nothing will load.

All other functions seem OK, except this one. Is it just me?! I have tried re-booting both the PC and the Humax, but still the same result.

What does webif-error.log say (diagnostics page)?

I suspect that it will be reporting an error with the webif.db data base in which case the easiest fix is likely to be deleting the data base and he re-entering most of your webif settings

It may be possible to recover the settings but that would involve a bit more work

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply.

Webif-error.log is showing empty.

Webif has the following in it - not sure if that's relevant to this or not - don't know what it means, in fact!
62024-10-11 15:03:19: (mod_cgi.c.1049) CGI pid 3957 died with signal 11
52024-10-11 15:02:10: (mod_cgi.c.1049) CGI pid 3654 died with signal 11
42024-10-11 15:01:04: (mod_cgi.c.1049) CGI pid 3412 died with signal 11
32024-10-11 14:55:37: (mod_cgi.c.1049) CGI pid 2443 died with signal 11
22024-10-11 14:51:52: (mod_cgi.c.1049) CGI pid 1681 died with signal 11
12024-10-11 14:51:40: (server.c.1464) server started (lighttpd/1.4.53)

Yes, a box has come up in that one headed 'settings' with a number of items tabulated. I don't see all of the packages I use listed, though, in case that's relevant

Signal 11, also known as SIGSEGV (signal segmentation violation) is an error signal in Unix systems (Linux). The error appears when a program or code tries to access an invalid memory location. The operating system sends the signal 11 error to the program as a response.
Why it is occurring is another question that may require @prpr and @/df to provide suggestions, a force reinstall of the webif package might help.

I don't see all of the packages I use listed,
Not all packages use the settings class and no all include the package name in the setting name

In case it helps, I have just disconnected then reconnected my web browser to the box.

An entry has now appeared in Webif-error.log as follows. Don't know what it all means, though!
4 ::sqlite.handle4 query {...
3 File "/mod/webif/plugin/sysmon/data/net.jim", line 10, in setvars
2Traceback (most recent call last):
1/mod/webif/plugin/sysmon/data/net.jim:10: Error: database disk image is malformed

Try executing in a command line window:
/mod/webif/html/settings/settings.jim
The last few lines of output should, hopefully, show where it crashes
Thanks. Presumably, a forced reinstall would remove all CF packages and settings used to date?
No, it should just refresh all the code but leave settings intact
In case it helps, I have just disconnected then reconnected my web browser to the box.

An entry has now appeared in Webif-error.log as follows. Don't know what it all means, though!
4 ::sqlite.handle4 query {...
3 File "/mod/webif/plugin/sysmon/data/net.jim", line 10, in setvars
2Traceback (most recent call last):
1/mod/webif/plugin/sysmon/data/net.jim:10: Error: database disk image is malformed
This indicates a problem with the sysmon package database which is a surprise since AFAIK sysmon doesn't have any settings on the Settings page, Are you able to view each of the sysmon graphs, in particular "Network usage"?

It means you need to delete the Sysmon database as it's corrupt.
You need a command line session to the box (Webshell or Telnet or similar), select the "cli" option, and at the humax# prompt you should enter the command rm /mod/monitor/monitor.db
don't know what it means, in fact!
It means the Web server is dying, which is not good.
You may also have other corrupt files by the sound of it.
It's probably worth going in to maintenance mode and running a fixdisk procedure first to rule out/fix any disk and/or filesystem problems.

And, as usual, you didn't state what version of firmware you are using, nor WebIf, or whether things are generally up to date.

Try executing in a command line window:
/mod/webif/html/settings/settings.jim
The last few lines of output should, hopefully, show where it crashes

No, it should just refresh all the code but leave settings intact

This indicates a problem with the sysmon package database which is a surprise since AFAIK sysmon doesn't have any settings on the Settings page, Are you able to view each of the sysmon graphs, in particular "Network usage"?
Funnily enough, no. It says 'loading...please wait', but none of them load.

It means you need to delete the Sysmon database as it's corrupt.
You need a command line session to the box (Webshell or Telnet or similar), select the "cli" option, and at the humax# prompt you should enter the command rm /mod/monitor/monitor.db

It means the Web server is dying, which is not good.
You may also have other corrupt files by the sound of it.
It's probably worth going in to maintenance mode and running a fixdisk procedure first to rule out/fix any disk and/or filesystem problems.

And, as usual, you didn't state what version of firmware you are using, nor WebIf, or whether things are generally up to date.
Thanks for the info.

FYI, I ran a fixdisk session this afternoon to check all was well - no problems reported.

CF version 3.13 (build 4028)

Sysmon is 1.2.6 - and no updates/upgrades were showing as available for it.

As far as I know I'm up to date - is there a particular package you had in mind to check?

Update: I've been trying some of the suggestions made. Sysmon now does show all the data. So, progress.

However, settings still won't load.

I have tried the 'fixweb' command. It seems to work reloading it until the last line then indicates an issue. It says; mod/bin/jimsh: can't load library 'libcrypto. so.1.1'

Also, I notice on the Package Management 'Installed' page webif now has the red 'remove' button greyed out. If I click on 'info' for webif, once it says 'operation complete' the red 'remove' button comes back. But if I close and re-load Package Management it is greyed out again.

Back