Sewing Bee has not tracked for next week

I did schedule it the previous Wednesday (possibly through RS)
if you used rs it should be listed on the rs log on the rs webpage at the bottom. it would be interesting to find because I have used rs to set the recording but it may be that bbc have changed the crid, as others here suggested, between your setting and mine which was done 0n 19 april.

if you used rs it should be listed on the rs log on the rs webpage at the bottom. it would be interesting to find because I have used rs to set the recording but it may be that bbc have changed the crid, as others here suggested, between your setting and mine which was done 0n 19 april.
I think that the rs.log in post #11 confirmed that. But I had forgotten about that list on the rs schedule page (don't normall have cause to scrolldown that far). However, it confirms the scheduling
Capture.PNG

Er... no. Set individual events not series. Okay, so you might end up with more recordings than you need, but that's better than missing some.

You keep saying RS isn't the answer, but it can be if you use it to full advantage. But it's only telly.

I realize some of you chaps like to decipher the ins and outs of the supposed problem to the nth degree, but two pages worth for 'The Sewing Bee'? Looks like lockdown cabin fever to me. ( It's not even good telly). :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Er... no. Set individual events not series. Okay, so you might end up with more recordings than you need, but that's better than missing some.

You keep saying RS isn't the answer, but it can be if you use it to full advantage. But it's only telly.
If you have both a series recording and and an RS single recordings rule the single recordings schedule attempts will usually fail as 'already scheduled' except when the broadcaster cocks up and changes the series crid or fails to specify a series crid (as PIck did with Sherlock)

I am getting close to automating the detection of schedule problems which should reduce the need for manually created RS backup rules

I am getting close to automating the detection of schedule problems which should reduce the need for manually created RS backup rules
I propose a (potentially) easy way: check the schedule daily, and create an alert for any series reservation which has dropped into the moribund group. The user can then decide whether that is expected or if there's been a CRID cock-up.

I realize some of you chaps like to decipher the ins and outs of the supposed problem to the nth degree, but two pages worth for 'The Sewing Bee'? Looks like lockdown cabin fever to me. ( It's not even good telly). :rolleyes:
Are you saying that this thread should have been sewn up already? If its giving you the needle just button it and go find a good yarn to read. You will find no silver lining to your bias here;)

Back