Shrink fails with "Plugin failure"

lashers

Since the webif update from 1.5.1-1 to 1.5.1-2 all Shrink operations are failing on both my boxes. I further updated one of them to 1.5.1-3 but the error persists. A sample error message from auto.log reads:
"05/06/2023 23:47:06 - shrink:::shrink::dequeue: error copying "/mod/tmp/webif_autoq/shrunk.nts" to "/mnt/hd2/My Video/This Morning/This Morning_20230605_0957_shrunk.nts": file already exists".

Does it occur for new recordings created after installing 1.5.1.-3?
I am not seeing the problem but it could be caused by garbage left behind by 1.5.1-2 failing to delete intermediate files

Thanks for the reply. I've just checked; new recordings seem to be OK and there are "_shrunk" files remaining in the relevant folders. I am deducing from your wording that this is a known issue with -2 which was resolved in -3 so all I need to do is delete those files and requeue; is this correct? I can't check fully at the moment as I've got recordings in process and I need to go to bed! I'll post an update in the morning.

new recordings seem to be OK and there are "_shrunk" files remaining in the relevant folders. I am deducing from your wording that this is a known issue with -2 which was resolved in -3
Yes, -2 was broken. You should update to -3 immediately on the other box.
Also, it seems that the error recovery built in to shrink doesn't work as well as it might.
so all I need to do is delete those files and requeue; is this correct?
Indeed.
I need to go to bed
I know that feeling.

Back