Signals: September 23rd or thereabouts

Copied from my Post on MYHumax.

On my 5000T, a couple of days ago I watched a BBC4 recording from last weekend, which, about a third of the way through, started to exhibit the same early problems I had with the FoxT2. Freezing then skipping and restarting.

Thankfully my attenuator arrived today and I've duly set it up. Surprising results.

I first filtered via BBC A and it took more turns than I expected to get it down to 93%-95%. Switched to a couple of others and they seemed okay. Then I tuned to a channel on ARQ B (yes the shopping channel - I'd tune it out altogether, only it carries Yesterday, Drama and Classic FM) that blasted out at over 100% still, so I turned it way way down. Finally COM7 HD - again still over 100% so I turned the wheel again.

I've now got a range of 80% to 95% - thing is I'm about 12-15 miles from Crystal Palace (and yes not picking up any other transmitters)

So they must have really increased the signal this early autumn, when my FoxT2 went on the blink....

Will check future recordings, expecially from COM7, and will duly report back. Annoying thing is the use of the OK button to switch to HD - which often happens accidentally - was also an issue with the T2 also so not new..

I've now got a range of 80% to 95% - thing is I'm about 12-15 miles from Crystal Palace (and yes not picking up any other transmitters)
Thanks for updating us. Has this fixed the problems you were having?

So they must have really increased the signal this early autumn, when my FoxT2 went on the blink....
I am not aware that they have increased the power recently; have you found any references to support your hunch? I have seen similar things when a badly made joint (in a professionally installed aerial system) finally failed and making a proper joint caused a massive increase in signal strength.

Will check when I make new recordings and report back.

Nothing to support my hunch, but a lot of people reporting issues. Can't understand all these drives failing at the same time regardless of high or low usage, without some external influence. My other hunch is the electric storm which occurred in London, made the headlines - t'was late August early September.

Back