Sky NowTV?

FingersUK

Hello,

Is there any news on if an application will be released to enable Sky's NowTV to be available on the HDR-2000T ?

If so, are there any estimated dates?

Thanks

Is there any news on if an application will be released to enable Sky's NowTV to be available on the HDR-2000T ?
I wouldn't have thought it very likely. Humax did a lot of work to get a Sky player working on the HDR-FOX T2 but it was never publicly released, I assume (but without any inside knowledge) because of a commercial issue between Humax and Sky. Why not get a Now TV box for £10?

Thanks Martin.

Yes, I think the £10 box will be the way forward, but I wanted to check if there was going to be a 200oT option as it would be easier for the family (no additional remote, same TV input etc.) and I prefer a wired set-up but the NowTV box is wi-fi only.

Cheers

Yes, I think the £10 box will be the way forward, but I wanted to check if there was going to be a 200oT option as it would be easier for the family (no additional remote, same TV input etc.) and I prefer a wired set-up but the NowTV box is wi-fi only.
Yes I agree with all that. Try ringing Humax support and see what they say.

Have you considered the Roku 3? That is WiFi or Ethernet and also has NowTV.

The remote is WiFi and routes through your home network though.

Yes, but that appears to be an old model. Looking at the Roku Website, Ethernet is only available on the Roku 3.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with the older version. But the current Roku 3, is very fast. I have one and can vouch for its 'speed'. I will qualify that by saying I have not used a Roku 2 (old or current model).

BBC iPlayer is a dream, works very well.

I spoke to Humax sales support who confirmed they haven't been given any indication that the 2000T will get NowTV. If it is ever released for the unit there will be an email letting registered customers know.

I'll continue to look at Roku 3 & NowTV box. As I mainly want to see the live Formula 1 races that the BBC can't show, the NowTV Sports bundle at £35 seems the most cost effective solution - I could buy three (including three sets of five 24h passes) for the price of the Roku 3. But limited to wi-fi and 720p video....

Back