Software update ?

the loader version i have is still the same, a7.33 even though the website file page says it's a7.34

MICOM version on my update is still 9.3 , where the website page says it should be MICOM 12.01
The web page is wrong and Humax are idiots. Get over it. The Micom has never been updated, and this 1.03.13 update does not include a loader update.

Nothing will have fixed your 'problem' (well, one of many you seem to have). Hope you're happy now. Don't bother coming back.

I dont care about the CF. I didnt even know it was o there till i bought the box.
That's fine, don't bother us when you need a problem sorting out:
I'm trying to do everything i can with my very limited knowledge to fix the " freezing " issue, where the remote stops responding, any recordings going at the time will be stopped at point of freezing, though audio remains.
Scrolling the front panel freezes.
Only option is to switch off at the rear and switch on again. Its random, not frequent.
Unless you avail yourself of CF, you are not "trying to do everything" you can.

If you go to our GP with some medical complaint, and the GP prescribes something, do you tell the GP to fuck off? Your only hope to solve your problems is to use the advice we have to offer, whether directly or indirectly.

Nonetheless, after 7 goes with different USB sticks, all formatted to FAT32 as per instructions, the update seems to have taken ok, but with some discrepancies. I have attched a photo to show software version is now the updated version 1.03.13, but the other stuff didnt change ( MICON number and Loader )

According the to the website page where the file is available to download, apart from the software version 1.03.13 which has now loaded on my box, the loader version i have is still the same, a7.33 even though the website file page says it's a7.34
So you eventually got the update to work? Thanks so much for sharing with others what the problem was and what you did... "didn't work" helps nobody, and that's not how a forum works.

I have told you and told you: the loader version and minicom version do not get updated by the firmware download. The web page tells you what the latest ones Humax issued are – but they were burned in on the production line, not issued by firmware update.

You probably wont even bother looking at the photo showing what i just said above.
The photo shows exactly the correct current up to date Humax firmware is installed. I presume that means you eventually did what you were told despite refusing to acknowledge it.

Don't bother replying, you are now on my "ignore" list for being too arrogant to help. You might feel more at home on the other forum, although I doubt it – your manners are more appropriate to social media.

So if I mess up my Humax and wish to remove the custom firmware I should follow this guide
https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Remove_Modified_Firmware

But what if I mess that up as well (or ignore instructions) and simply tried overwriting the custom firmware by downloading and flashing with the standard official Humax firmware, what should I do to get back to standard firmware?
Eg would something like this work?
  • System Flush Update File (flash)
  • Official Humax standard firmware (flash)
https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads

Last edited:
Nonetheless, after 7 goes with different USB sticks, all formatted to FAT32 as per instructions, the update seems to have taken ok, but with some discrepancies. I have attched a photo to show software version is now the updated version 1.03.13, but the other stuff didnt change ( MICON number and Loader )
I agree what is on the Humax web site is confusing. However what you have downloaded is just a firmware update to 1.03.13 so it has done what is expected. It is rare for Humax to release loader updates and I don't recollect ever seeing a Micom update. See how it goes with the new firmware but we could probably offer some advice on the problems you were experiencing prior to the update if you wanted it.

I agree what is on the Humax web site is confusing. However what you have downloaded is just a firmware update to 1.03.13 so it has done what is expected. It is rare for Humax to release loader updates and I don't recollect ever seeing a Micom update. See how it goes with the new firmware but we could probably offer some advice on the problems you were experiencing prior to the update if you wanted it.
Just to confirm.
I downloaded the official Humax update mid April and it only updated the HDR to firmware version 1.03.13 (loader and Micom versions - unchanged).

Last edited:
Back