Some Linux utilities to work with the Humax

I take a long weekend holiday to come back to discover two more pages of comments!

But then I notice they are almost all about something called vee-aye :alien: (I am an Emacs guy -- young'uns may need to see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Editor_war -- I started with Gosling Emacs in about 1980).

Anyway, thanks for the updated failure reasons.

To clarify: by auto-pad you mean padding added to the recording start/stop times by the padding settings in the menus under Menu >> Settings >> Preferences >> Recording, and manually-pad you mean adjusting the recording schedule directly in Guide >> Schedule (yellow) >> (select entry) >> (edit settings)??
Yes.
And either will kill AR?

Yes, and worse. Things Every... (click) section 3.
It may be that the Important paragraph on your section 3 is relevant. To manually pad, you have to press OK. Your observation would suggest that the reservation is converted to a manual one. That would explain why the stored title and epg items of the recording are not the ones I expected. A case in point: a while back I recorded Reggie Perrin from Yesterday. 3 back-to-back episodes. I used the epg to click on the first episode and then guide/sched/(entry)/edit to pad back five minutes and forwards about 1.5 hours! The programme the 2000T claimed to have recorded was Last of the Summer Wine - with the associated epg item stored. If I had done this on a 9150T the name & epg would refer to the first Perrin episode. Anyway, this now gets us back to the point of why I am interested in the contents of the .hmt file beyond 0x3000. All the epg items for all the Perrin episodes are stored there. So, when creating some sort of remote browser for the Humax I am interested in recovering these items (even if no one else is, and they don't "approve" of the method of setting reservations.)

Back