Some recordings have different names on Tv and WebIF, after Sweeper-dedup rules.

free30

Hi I am using WebIF -Sweeper - Depud rule set to rename and dedup folders.
Sometimes, and only sometimes, it renames the files for the WebIF but it still appears in the TV browser with original title.
How do I force it to do it again and rename the file for both?
Thank you for any advise.

Post a copy of your sweeper rules

Rules should come in pairs, one to rename the file name and a similar one to modify the recording title
e.g.
1566587358352.png
It could fail if the new name is too long to be stored as the title

Thank you
I don't think its the rule set. I used the predefined one from the drop down menu.

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
    New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 12
Hi I am using WebIF -Sweeper - Depud rule set to rename and dedup folders.
Sometimes, and only sometimes, it renames the files for the WebIF but it still appears in the TV browser with original title.
How do I force it to do it again and rename the file for both?
Thank you for any advise.
You need to be aware that the WebIF media listing displays the file name, but the on-screen MEDIA list displays the programme name that is assigned as a property in the .hmt sidecar file. So far as I can see, those rules only alter the programme name (AKA "recording title") property, leaving the actual file name (as displayed by WebIF) untouched.

It is normal for the file name to be different from the programme name, and the file name includes additional elements such as the date and time of the recording. Click on it and a panel opens displaying the properties.

When altering a file name, you have to be sure the desired name is absolutely unique - hence it is not normal to simply make the file name the same as the programme name as displayed in the media list.

OK, thanks. I'm kind of understanding a bit more.
So my issue is that the rule set renames most files in the TV browser (program name) but misses the odd one, leaving it as it was orginally. Even if I run the rule set my self the ones it has missed remain missed. It does as I say change them in WebIF (the file name).
How do I get the ones missed renamed?
Guess this is a me only issue.... Thanks for the help

The only way we're gonna figure out why the rules don't hit all your files is for you to give the specific details of the relevant files. So far all you've given us are the rules and a complaint that some files get missed out, with nothing for us to go on.

Not really* - see here: https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Sweeper

* See update below

In your screenshot, rule 5 sets the medialist title to equal token newname, and rule 6 does the same to the file name.

newname is constructed in rule 1 as a prefix plus epname, and epname is auto-extracted from the programme synopsis by text matching. If the broadcaster has chosen to put a long episode name in the synopsis, or the auto-extractor sees what it thinks is a long episode name, clearly there is an unavoidable possibility that the resulting string for newname will be too long.

What I think is needed here is for epname to be limited in length to what works, or (more flexible) a Sweeper function to truncate a string to a definable length. So it would then be possible to define an action which sets %%newname = trunc(20;%%newname) (for example). However, at the moment, as far as I know, you're stuffed.

UPDATE:

It may be possible to do what I suggested above using %format:%.<n>s:%%newname: (I'm not certain about the format code, or what % goes where, but substitute the desired number of characters for <n>).

Last edited:
Thank you. I tried the code as you suggested and a few variants but I can't figure it out.

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
    New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 12
Code:
newname=%format:%.45s:%%newname:

Thank you, this worked for me. I added it as the 2nd rule. I also had to remove the dedup flag condition from rule 1 and rule 6, this is so it processed files it thought it had already dealt with.

I guess the character limiter could be added to the dedup rule-set to help others.

Thank you all for the support.

Another issue I noticed was the text editor for sweeper failed to open .sweeper file when there was odd characters in the folder name.

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    New Bitmap Image.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back