Some series not recording correctly

D

Deleted member 473

I gave our 9300 to a daughter who is now in London. She watches Neighbours (Channel five) and has it set to record. However, every recording is now corrupted with drop-outs. This is new, it used to work, and watching live is fine. (Except she isn't generally in to do that.)

Any ideas?

I strongly suspect that it has been retuned as transmitter broadcasts in Sheffield would not reach London.

Mike0001, to be sure it is tuned to the local transmitter get her to retune as ian_j suggested. Tell her to follow http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/9200t-missing-recordings-and-not-filling-the-guide.561/#post-6826. The relevent channel numbers for Crystal Palace are 22, 23, 25, 26 and 30.

Thanks guys, but she is about 170 miles away and I have no memory of how the 9300 operates. Is there a way to show, for channel 5, which transmitter is being used? I will get her to try the manual tune, but there is no point if she is already tuned to Crystal Palace.

I see a hole in Crystal Palace reception near her (she is in Finchley) but she appears to be outside that hole, on the map anyway.

Is there a way to show, for channel 5, which transmitter is being used?
Yes.

Switch to watching channel 5 and then using the remote select MENU -> System -> Signal Detection. Near the top of the screen it will display "CH 26" if tuned to Crystal Palace. The same screen will also display the region e.g. "London".

Yes.

Switch to watching channel 5 and then using the remote select MENU -> System -> Signal Detection. Near the top of the screen it will display "CH 26" if tuned to Crystal Palace. The same screen will also display the region e.g. "London".

I will get her to check that and report back. Many thanks.

Back