Status occassionally reports wrong state

bottletop

I had a stuck screen on my HDR FOX T2. I think it has happened before on my unit. I was trying to start watch a Media-Video/new.mp4 and the box stopped reacting to the remote control handset.
I checked WebIF status (near the top banner) it showed viewing a old.mp4 that I was watching a few days ago.
It looked like it thought I was still watching an old.mp4 from a day or two ago.

The WebIF status monitoring didn't show anything out of the ordinary. As there wasn't any response to the remote handset power button or the WebIF/IR/Power button I had to switch it off using the switch at the back. I think this has happened to me before, every now and then, so I wonder if there is anything I can check/recheck to see if my box is ok or help diagnose. I think there is an occasional glitch webIF/status and seems to not like me queuing up another mp4 when it thinks I am already viewing a mp4.

Both the new.mp4 and old.mp4 were from BBC files downloaded via YouTube (& BBC iPlayer) download. After interrupting the old.mp4, I have since watched live tv and other Humax recordings. I can't see anything in the logs (as I have rebooted there aren't any errors in webif.log), so I wonder if it happens again what should I do/best action to take?

Web interface version: 1.4.8-2
Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13)
Loader Version: a7.30

Last edited:
The occasional lock up 'just happens':eek: Don't worry about it, just reset the box with a mains cycle and then get down to worrying about something more important in life.;)

I'm thinking an in-progress youtube-dl download should also make it to the status, especially the status reported on the diagnostics reboot page.

That box is populated by the page script calling back to a CGI query that runs webif/cgi-bin/status.jim. Some yt-dl check could be triggered by a new argument to the CGI query. The other data is mostly provided by parsing the open file list from lsof and perhaps that could also be used.

More generally, it might be appropriate to list any media file being written to disk.

The Status is largely a work of divination - an attempt to guess what is going on inside the humax by examining which recording files are in use, The humaxtv process doesn't tell the webif what it is up to so it is sometimes wrong!
There are interfaces that allow CF packages to report their status so you do see when a file is being decrypted of detectads is running etc
As far as qtube is concerned it can and does report the URL that is passed to status but it has no knowledge of the files being downloaded - that is handled in youtube-dl program which is not maintained by us, it would need hooks in youtube or possibly parsing of output messages to work out which files were actually being downloaded.

When status unexpectedly reports a file in use for an extended period it can be a sign that humaxtv is stuck processing the file and could be a cause of delinquent half wake state if prevents the box going into full standby.

Back