Strange behaviour from TV Portal button on remote

Been re-jigging my internal network address reservations and was having trouble connecting to the webif for the upstairs T2 around lunchtime.
Went up and checked that all internet settings were as expected and then decided to try the TV Portal button to make sure that the box
was seeing its way to the outside world.
But the TV Portal button brought up the webif frontpage on the TV screen - weird !

Couldn't figure it out but the T2 and TV are hard-wired to a Tenda mesh network extender whose address I had also changed so thought maybe it
was still not quite 'straight' and decided to leave it a while and see what transpired.

3hrs later and I can now connect to webif for the T2 on my PC successfully and Remote Scheduling can also see it OK. All the address resets in the network
appear to have resolved themselves as well.

But the TV Portal button still brings up the webif frontpage on the TV screen. Downstairs T2 is working as expected.

Don't really care about fixing it as I'll never use the TV Portal but just thought it's a bit of a strange turn-up. Never seen that happen before and when the T2
upstairs used to be the main one downstairs the TV Portal worked as expected. Have never attempted to remap remote buttons or, intentionally, done anything
to vary the T2 from fairly standard operation - except using cifs to mount the upstairs content on the downstairs one.

Curious?

Is the Humax button commanding the TV to do something? (If it's a smart TV.)

Being able to get webif on the connected TV directly could be a very handy feature if it can be cracked.

Is the Humax button commanding the TV to do something? (If it's a smart TV.)

Being able to get webif on the connected TV directly could be a very handy feature if it can be cracked.
Nope - it's not a smart TV but it can double as a PC monitor (has dsub & DVI connectors). It does have an ethernet connection but purely for software upgrade purposes.

There's no reason for the built-in web browser to access the WebIF URL unless it's been reprogrammed. Without such reprogramming, if it can't get out through your router all it does is sit there for ages and then complain there's no Internet connection.

So, just been up to check that it is still behaving the same way - and it is.
The content of /usr/browser/opera_dir/url/url.txt is as follows :-

http://localhost/portal/newPortal.html

Screen initially displays a 'Sorry, this page is not available' message then redirects after 10secs.

Not sure if this is relevant at all but both the TV and the T2 are hard-wired to a Tenda Nova MW3 node which is configured in 'Bridge' mode to extend my network.

I have a spare Edimax wifi dongle so tomorrow, if helpful, I could try using that and see if the behaviour varies at all.

Not sure if this is relevant at all but both the TV and the T2 are hard-wired to a Tenda Nova MW3 node which is configured in 'Bridge' mode to extend my network.
It's not.

The content of /usr/browser/opera_dir/url/url.txt is as follows :-

http://localhost/portal/newPortal.html
That proves you had a custom portal installed at some time in the past. I'm not entirely sure what to do about it, I think if you re-flash your CF version that will sort it out.

Just checked the file contents on my other T2 that behaves correctly - it is exactly the same.
So, I guess we can rule that out of the equation.
The other T2 is connected via another Edimax wifi dongle so it will be interesting to see if the Tenda is implicated.

Curiosity got the better of me - so I've been up and tried disconnecting LAN cable and using wifi dongle.
New IP address - same old behaviour.

Looks like I'm gonna have to step through comparing every installed package looking for differences.

Mystery solved ... and BH was correct ... in a roundabout way.

This T2 used to be my main one on which I had upgraded the 1TB HDD to 2TB until it went a bit wonky.
I sourced a second one from Ebay and migrated my 2TB HDD into it.

After a period of 'resting' I decided to try and revive this one and stuck in the 500GB disk that had come out of the Ebay purchase - and it's worked ever since.
I never installed new-portal on this one but I also didn't reformat the HDD so I guess the previous owner must have had it on there at some point.

Anyroad, have now installed new-portal and it is operating correctly.

Been an interesting little diversion. :)

Back