Resolved Strange Post-Editing Behaviour

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I'm sure it wasn't like this until within the last few days:
  1. Click "Edit" on a post - the editor pops up in a window (as usual);
  2. Make some changes, click "Save" - the browser refreshes and shows the edited version (as usual);
  3. Click "Edit" on the post to make some more changes - the editor window shows the old version of the post (this is different - it would previously have loaded the current data);
  4. Click "Cancel";
  5. Click "Edit" again, and this time the editor shows the current data.
And similar with browser refreshes:
  1. Click "Edit" on a post - the editor pops up in a window (as usual);
  2. Make some changes, click "Save" - the browser refreshes and shows the edited version (as usual);
  3. Refresh the browser - the post as displayed reverts to the old version;
  4. Refresh the browser again - the post displays the current data.
Who am I, where am I, what's going on, and is there any way of stopping it?

Yes, it happens to me too.
Perhaps it can be solved by knowing where the tea is.

I wonder if this is related to my 'problem'.
Working my way through the posts, I find that the 'unread posting' marker isn't move when I go to the forum, but is then removed if I refresh the window, or after I return having read another thread.
I'm finding this happens in firefox on both my desktop and tablet.
It's been happening for about a week, but doesn't necessarily happen with forums on other sites.

I have had the problem as well.

Test edit

This didn't show up on second edit, but has on third.

I wonder if this is related to my 'problem'.
Working my way through the posts, I find that the 'unread posting' marker isn't move when I go to the forum, but is then removed if I refresh the window, or after I return having read another thread.
I'm finding this happens in firefox on both my desktop and tablet.
It's been happening for about a week, but doesn't necessarily happen with forums on other sites.

Yes, I have similar with Chrome on PC. When I finish a session I use the Mark all forums read button, but the subsequent automatic refresh still shows the unread highlighting (about 8 out of 10 times, not always). Another Mark ... sorts it (or maybe just a manual refresh).

Seems to be getting worse. It feels like a broken caching layer in front of the web site. I know that the hosting company uses Varnish but it should be transparent in use.

I know I'm the only one using it at the moment, but the new server that we'll get on Monday feels very snappy : )

Anyone able to confirm if this is fixed?
At least, can anyone who notices it still happening please let me know.

I know I'm the only one using it at the moment, but the new server that we'll get on Monday feels very snappy : )
Seems a bit nippier to me, on a first look.
All the weirdness from the last couple of weeks has gone away too, as expected.

Back