Stream to Foxsat HDR from Media Server?

Cancunia

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I can only seem to find 1 reference to my question & it's a few years old now so I wondered if it's still the case:

I have the Custom FW installed on my Foxsat HDR and have also installed Twonky V4 & Media Tomb. From my my HDR T2, I can connect to the Twonky server on the Foxsat & stream a recorded programme, but I can't see a way of do the same in the other direction. If I plug a USB drive into the Foxsat I can select it via the Opt+ button but unlike the HDR T2, there's no network option.
Am I missing something or is it simply still not possible?

Thanks

Ahhh, hang on I've just seen NASMount, I'll have a read of that......

I now have NASMount running on the FoxSat-HDR and have the SAMBA package running on the HDR-T2 & can browse the media on the HDR-T2 but I can't play any of the SD recordings as they appear with a 'broken film' icon. From looking at the raw file directory, I can see that both systems are using .ts files but am now a bit lost as to why the HDR-T2 files won't play.

The file extensions for video in the directories for the FoxSat & T2 files look like this:
FoxSat
*.hmt *.nts *.ts

T2
*.hmt *.nts *.htm *.ts

I'm guessing a few people have been here before, so any thoughts welcome.
Thanks

I now have NASMount running on the FoxSat-HDR and have the SAMBA package running on the HDR-T2 & can browse the media on the HDR-T2 but I can't play any of the SD recordings as they appear with a 'broken film' icon. From looking at the raw file directory, I can see that both systems are using .ts files but am now a bit lost as to why the HDR-T2 files won't play.
Have the HDR-T2 SD recordings been decrypted (unlike the Foxsat the HDR-T2 encrypts both SD and HD recordings)?

Have the HDR-T2 SD recordings been decrypted (unlike the Foxsat the HDR-T2 encrypts both SD and HD recordings)?

Yes, I have auto-decrypt set on the video root folder and all the recordings that I've looked at via the HDR-T2 webif browser show that they are decrypted.

The sidecar files are not compatible between Foxsat and HDR-FOX, but I'm not sure about the actual .ts file (I presume it's OK). There is a mechanism to import non-Foxsat files to Foxsat here: https://www.avforums.com/threads/av2hdr-v3-3-released.1916124/

If you want to go the other way, import just the .ts from the Foxsat to the HDR-FOX and use the WebIF OPT+ sidecar creation utility (presuming the .ts is compatible).

Last edited:
The sidecar files are not compatible between Foxsat and HDR-FOX, and I'm not sure about the actual .ts file. There is a conversion facility for importing from Foxsat to HDR-FOX (AVR2HDR?), but I'm not sure about the other way around.
I did wonder about the sidecar files, thanks for clarifying, strange thing is that the HDR-T2 will play video directly from the FoxSat so maybe it's a backwards compatibility issue. Yep, I'm looking into AV2HDR at the moment but was hoping for something a bit more streamlined. Unfortunately, extracting to MPG from the HDR-T2 does not help as the FoxSat does not even see the files.

See my edited version of the post above.
I have the Twonky server installed on the FoxSat and can browse that from the HDR-T2. Doing that I can play SD recordings on the HDR-T2 without conversion.
So, it's just the HDR-T2 -> FoxSat direction that I'm having problems with.

I have the Twonky server installed on the FoxSat and can browse that from the HDR-T2. Doing that I can play SD recordings on the HDR-T2 without conversion.
I suspect that's because Twonky is only serving the .ts, effectively stripping the sidecar files. You could also use Mediatomb. However, what you get on the HDR-FOX is "naked" playback of a .ts – ie none of the conveniences available when playing a native recording such as bookmarking and trick play. I presume you are using Media >> Storage >> Network to find the server (ie DLNA).

If you were to import the .ts and create the sidecars for HDR-FOX, you would get the full-fat playback.

So, it's just the HDR-T2 -> FoxSat direction that I'm having problems with.
...and I've pointed you at a solution. If the HDR-FOX .ts is not compatible with the Foxsat's media player (regardless whether the opposite works), you'll have no joy without converting the .ts (which may be just a trivial adjustment to the frame headers).

Back