Streaming issue

rodders

Hi all,

Had a read through some threads but cannot find anyone with the same problem.

I have a server on my PC that I stream with. So I went on my Humax box and selected the network and started to go through the folders to find a programme I wanted to stream. As soon as I go into a folder with a programme in to watch, the box reboots. I can go through as many folders as I want, until I go into a folder with something in to watch, then it reboots.

Its exactly the same if I try to use the internet radio on the portal. As soon as I load a channel, the box reboots.

I have not put any custom firmware on. When the box boots, it shows A7.30.

Could it be the HDD? would the internet radio and streaming go to the same particular part of the HDD and cause a crash?

Do you have anything on your network running Twonky V7? this has been known to cause problems with the Humax.

What software version is it (a7.30 is the loader)?

Menu >> Settings >> System >> System Information

No Twonky. Its a PS3 server im using. It works all over the house. Just not on the Humax.

Its a PS3 server on my PC. Thats what i was using it for. Streaming and sharing files to the PS3. But then discovered that my samsung tv, sony tv and humax also detect the Ps3 server.

Ok ill give that a go thanks. I was under the impression updates were auto, so i was at the latest.

I was under the impression updates were auto, so i was at the latest.
Humax have been very loath to broadcast any updates for quite some time and now they aren't making the latest ones available for download (but the clever people on this Forum have figured out a way of extracting them from users boxes). There are suggestions there will be an official update before too long. We shall see. There are other things that crash the Humax DLNA server; do you have Power DVD installed on any PCs on the network?

rodders : I was under the impression updates were auto, so i was at the latest
The auto-update package will indeed update all available Custom Firmware packages for the Web-If, however it won't update the main Official firmware / Custom Firmware versions. Humax do carry out Over The Air updates of Official Firmware, so unless you have done something to prevent these OTAs you should have the latest OTA version that Humax have transmitted but the very latest versions haven't been OTAed

The auto-update package will indeed update all available packages for the Web-If, however it won't update the main Official firmware of Custom Firmware versions

This is the non-customised section of the forum, and we're talking about the standard firmware versions and the OP meant the OTA updates. Readers should disregard the above.

I'm sure you would describe it as providing 'background information', OTAs have been covered in my post and there is no reason at all that readers should disregard the above.

Well 1.02.32 has fixed the internet radio (as it should have) but it still reboots when I go onto the network and go into a folder with a programme to watch.

1.03.11 it is to try next...

I doubt if upgrading to 1.03.xx will fix your problem, but it is worth doing anyway just for iPlayer. Unless something has changed, 1.03.06 is the latest version available in a non-customised version.

Do you have content share switched on on the Humax? Could it be a conflict between 2 DLNA servers on the network?

Unfortunatley not. It was turned off. Tried it on too and that didny work.
I guess its time to try another piece of server software.

Unfortunatley not. It was turned off. Tried it on too and that didny work.
I guess its time to try another piece of server software.
Try disconnecting everything from your network and then connecting them one at a time and see if you can identify which computer or NAS or whatever is causing the crash. Then tell us what software is installed on it.

Seems its am issue with the server im using and humax boxes. So note to eveyone. Dont use PS3 media server with Humax

Is the PS3 Media Server (HERE) the one you are running on your P.C.? I can add the details to the list of DLNA servers that conflict with the Humax in the WiKi list below:-
What Hardware / Software clashes with the Humax?
If the program you are running is not the one above, could you supply details of it i.e. version number etc. so it can be added to the database

Back