Subtitle display sync (good or bad?)

MikeSh

Our older Humax boxes (HDR FOX T2 & 1010S) are very poor at maintaining the sync of broadcast subtitles with sound. They often get misaligned, usually many seconds too early, during long quiet periods or after use of skip or fast functions.

Is the Aura better?

Our older Humax boxes (HDR FOX T2 & 1010S) are very poor at maintaining the sync of broadcast subtitles with sound. They often get misaligned, usually many seconds too early, during long quiet periods or after use of skip or fast functions.

Is the Aura better?
Good question. I would also like definitive confirmation. Certainly the FVP-5000T is much better than the older boxes at keeping subtitles in sync.

We started using an Aura a few days ago. We use subtitles quite a bit, and so far have not noticed any issues at all, even after skipping ad breaks.
Thanks, that is encouraging, could you pop back in a month and give us another update please?

Ive had my Aura a few weeks now & the subtitles have been great. Very responsive come on almost immediately and not been out of sync

Slightly OT, is there a Freesat version/equivalent of the Aura?
The only currently made freesat-approved PVR is made by Arris for freesat and marketed as the freesat 4k box. It works with the wideband $ky Q LNBs to give more than two tuners that a universal LNB restricts it to. (It also supports dSCR, I believe).

Do your own due diligence investigation of them before purchasing, reading AVForums and DigitalSpy where there are long threads on them.

From my reading neither the freesat 4k, nor the Aura are 'problem free'.

I noticed the subtitle mismatch a few weeks ago, previously it was Ok. Have there been any updates lately which have a causal link ?

I noticed the subtitle mismatch a few weeks ago, previously it was Ok. Have there been any updates lately which have a causal link ?
On which box type are you noticing a mismatch?
On all channels or specific channels? HD and or SD?

Its the 2000t model , I don't use subs often but my wife does mostly for recording , SD usually , not all channels seems to be random.
Humax say there have been no updates recently.

Its the 2000t model ,... SD usually , not all channels seems to be random.
Humax say there have been no updates recently.
That matches my experience of the 2000T. Don't use subtitles very often but they're often better "live", seem to go out of sync on recordings - especially if you jump forward.
The latest update I have is 1.01.20 dated 8 January 2018 - Abandonware?
The 5000T performs better (so far). Have seen reports that the Aura is even better.

Its the 2000t model , I don't use subs often but my wife does mostly for recording , SD usually , not all channels seems to be random.
That matches my experience with the HDR-2000T. In contrast the Aura is pretty much flawless with subtitles.

Back