Switch from Freeview to Freesat - control options

Hi all, we‘ve had an FVP-4000T for several years and have been able to watch and control it in another room using a combination of hdmi splitter/cat6 and the Humax remote app (all thanks to the great advice from you guys on this forum).

However, we will shortly be moving into our new (self-built) house where the Freeview reception is appalling, so we are considering switching to Freesat.

My question is: will we still be able to use the above approach for watching recordings in a different room? I would assume that hdmi splitter/cat6 distribution will be fine, but does Humax have a similar app for Freesat for controlling recordings via wifi.

Thanks, as ever, for any advice.

PC

Obviously the HDMI extension will still work (it's just HDMI). If your Freesat unit has no app function, what you need is one of these: https://www.wish.com/product/5d89d5ed75af2051fcdd97e6 (or google "wireless ir extender").

You might even have something buried at the back of a drawer somewhere (I have): pre-HDMI analogue wireless extenders transmitted audio+composite video one way, and IR control signals the other. There's nothing which says you have to use the video channel!

However, there is an alternative. A modern recorder box almost certainly has DLNA, so recordings can be viewed using a DLNA-capable TV or STB via the home network.

Hi all, we‘ve had an FVP-4000T for several years and have been able to watch and control it in another room using a combination of hdmi splitter/cat6 and the Humax remote app (all thanks to the great advice from you guys on this forum).

However, we will shortly be moving into our new (self-built) house where the Freeview reception is appalling, so we are considering switching to Freesat.

My question is: will we still be able to use the above approach for watching recordings in a different room? I would assume that hdmi splitter/cat6 distribution will be fine, but does Humax have a similar app for Freesat for controlling recordings via wifi.

Thanks, as ever, for any advice.

PC

Back