Sysmon CPU Usage

One of my machines displays this immediately, the other fails with a constant "Loading" message. Both display temperature and network usage correctly. I tried removing and reinstalling Sysmon to no effect.

Both machines are, as far as I can tell, configured identically:

Web interface version: 1.2.4
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.03)

Any ideas?
 

Ezra Pound

Well-Known Member
Sysmon relies on a few supporting packages e.g. :- Depends: webif (>= 1.0.14-10), webif-charts (>= 1.3), cron-daemon, smartmontools, procps
procps is the one used to monitor the CPU. If you have telnet access to your Humax, it might be worth getting some info. from your procps package, e.g. :-

Code:
humax# opkg info procps
Package: procps
Version: 3.2.8-3
Depends: ncurses
Provides:
Status: install user installed
Section: misc
Architecture: mipsel
Maintainer: af123@hummypkg.org.uk
MD5Sum: 8673f3d1b38624c63fd46d8c5bea3e2a
Size: 153890
Filename: procps_3.2.8-3_mipsel.opk
Description: procps tools
Installed-Time: 1351100749

humax#
 

prpr

Well-Known Member
Monitor.db is to do with sysmon not webif-charts.
Renaming it so it could be analysed by someone would have been a better option. You've blown away the evidence now.
 
OP
J

JoeBloggs911

Member
Monitor.db is to do with sysmon not webif-charts.
Renaming it so it could be analysed by someone would have been a better option. You've blown away the evidence now.

It's happened again - moving the monitor.db file to my laptop fixed it. This time, the file is a reasonable 65k zipped, compared to 5Mb last time, so I attached it for analysis.
 

Attachments

  • monitor.zip
    65.5 KB · Views: 4

prpr

Well-Known Member
It was definitely corrupt:
Code:
sqlite> .dump
...
INSERT INTO "vmstat" VALUES(1441095306,'raw',10368,22028,2,53592,3,96,0);
INSERT INTO "vmstat" VALUES(1441095366,'raw',10060,22376,2,53608,3,96,0);
/**** ERROR: (11) database disk image is malformed *****/
/**** ERROR: (11) database disk image is malformed *****/
COMMIT;
sqlite> pragma integrity_check;
*** in database main ***
Page 178: btreeInitPage() returns error code 11
This would seem to be a reasonable alternative to deletion (at least it will preserve what it can from the history):
Code:
humax# cd /mod/monitor && mv monitor.db temp.db && sqlite3 temp.db ".clone monitor.db" && rm temp.db
 
Last edited:

aw1

Forum Supporter
Thanks prpr - my sysmon displays were blank, other than network usage which just displayed loading. After thrashing around with fixflashpackages and reinstalling all packages to no effect I found this thread.
 
Top