System is Initialising

SandyMac

Having returned from holiday and wondering why I couldn't remotely access my hummy, I found that it would reboot after a couple of minutes. I tried accessing it via the webif but kept coming up with "To install the full web interface and supporting packages a suitably formatted internal hard disk must be present and none was detected. " I have managed to access with telnet and run fixdisk but no difference. Still crashes after a couple of minutes.

What is strange is that the hummy will settle after the initial crash and I can then access webif. I have tried checking package updates in case one was causing the problem but for some reason I keep getting an error stating no network connectivity when I do. Anyone any ideas what is going on as I am stumped as to what to do next.

UPDATE: Still getting an initial crash then the hummy settles after a reboot although the webif still tells me that the system is initialising yet when I access via Telnet, it states that I am watching BBC One. I can eventually access webif if I wait long enough.

Last edited:
Should also mention that the hummy does record scheduled programmes. It's just at startup, it always reboots (consistently after 70 seconds) then appears to settle. Once it has re-started for a few minutes then all works correctly.

Last edited:
Should also mention that the hummy does record scheduled programmes. It's just at startup, it always reboots (consistently after 70 seconds) then appears to settle. Once it has re-started for a few minutes then all works correctly.
Have you recently added anything to your network with a DLNA server (eg a NAS)?

Have you recently added anything to your network with a DLNA server (eg a NAS)?

Nope. On holiday for 2 months and noticed that hpkg.tv could not communicate whilst I was away (I usually programme recordings). On return found the above behaviour. As I have said, the strange thing is that it will record successfully from the schedule and after the reboot, I can then use normally. Something is happening on initial boot. I can also communicate with the hummy via webif when it is in standby but recording. Strangely, it doesn't reboot when recording in standby.

Well, maybe not, but if your recording schedule is empty auto-schedule-restore thinks it needs to restore at boot time, restores an empty schedule, and reboots. Messy.

Makes sense, I suppose, except for the fact that my recording schedule was not empty. Perhaps I should re-install all packages? Also can't understand why, when I try to check for updates, I am told that I have no internet access so can't update via webif.

Which CF version do you have installed?
Post the output of these, from a command prompt:
Code:
humax# ip addr
humax# route -n
humax# cat /etc/resolv.conf
humax# nslookup 8.8.8.8
humax# nslookup hpkg.tv
humax# ping hpkg.tv
if you think it's worthwhile of course.

Last edited:
Which CF version do you have installed?
Post the output of these, from a command prompt:
Code:
humax# ip addr
humax# route -n
humax# cat /etc/resolv.conf
humax# nslookup 8.8.8.8
humax# nslookup hpkg.tv
if you think it's worthwhile of course.

My system is running the following and has been for some time without this issue:

Web interface version: 1.4.4-10
Custom firmware version: 3.12 (build 3965)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.12)
Loader Version: a7.30

I have just tried running crash diag but comes back empty. Crash log useless as no data bar the times when it crashed. I have run fix flash packages and assume it was successful as it doesn't actually give any details bar completed.

I found the following issue on scanmounts:

mount: mounting //192.168.1.103/Download on /media/Download failed: No such device or address.

Have checked and this is present as it always has ever since I set it up in the distant past. As to the device ip, it is valid. Am now getting more and more confused as to what is happening given that nothing has changed. Anyone any ideas where I should be looking into further? Please excuse my ignorance.

And that's helpful???
Absolutely not. It was in answer to prpr and not meant to be helpful
If I could send the commands then I would but humax not recognised.
Where did you tell us that? Because in Post #1 and #3 you said that you had Telnetted into the box in which implies to me that you can send the commands
If you can't be helpful then please refrain from responding
OK. Enough already.

Last edited:
Custom firmware version: 3.12 (build 3965)
3.13 is the latest, and you should install it. I think there were significant improvements in fixdisk.
As for the rest, here's a hint:
Code:
      /-------------------------\
      |  T E L N E T   M E N U  |
      \-------------------------/

[ Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.03.12/3.13 ]

maint - Restart into maintenance mode.
    safe - Enable safe mode on next boot.
     rma - Enable return-to-manufacturer (RMA) mode.
   reset - Reset custom firmware environment.
 upgrade - Upgrade all installed packages.
  passwd - Remove web interface password.
  fixweb - Re-install web interface.
    stat - Show current activity.
       x - Exit and close connection.
  reboot - Reboot the Humax.
    diag - Run a diagnostic.
     cli - System command line (advanced users).

Please select option: cli

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.03.12/3.13

To return to the menu, type: exit

humax#

Absolutely not. It was in answer to prpr and not meant to be helpfulWhere did you tell us that? Because in Post #1 and #3 you said that you had Telnetted into the box in which implies to me that you can send the commands OK. Enough already.

My apologies for my ignorance. I can initially access telnet then when the system resettles telnet no longer accesses the hummy and no idea why. I also missed the cli option which caused me confusion in the first instance. I am now attempting to provide the information previously requested and will post once I have it all as I will need to keep rebooting the hummy at present unless I am missing something regarding telnet (I've never used before).

3.13 is the latest, and you should install it. I think there were significant improvements in fixdisk.
As for the rest, here's a hint:
Code:
      /-------------------------\
      |  T E L N E T   M E N U  |
      \-------------------------/

[ Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.03.12/3.13 ]

maint - Restart into maintenance mode.
    safe - Enable safe mode on next boot.
     rma - Enable return-to-manufacturer (RMA) mode.
   reset - Reset custom firmware environment.
upgrade - Upgrade all installed packages.
  passwd - Remove web interface password.
  fixweb - Re-install web interface.
    stat - Show current activity.
       x - Exit and close connection.
  reboot - Reboot the Humax.
    diag - Run a diagnostic.
     cli - System command line (advanced users).

Please select option: cli

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.03.12/3.13

To return to the menu, type: exit

humax#

Thanks. I actually found cli (didn't look closely enough at the options for which I apologise). See my previous about access to telnet. I can only access for a short time then blocked for some reason. I will look to install 3.13. You never know, it might just solve everything (I hope).

Just read the release notes on 3.13 and it explains exactly what has been happening to my hummy. Why didn't I look at this before??? Anyway, am now looking to download and install. I'll report back once complete. Many thanks for your patience and my apologies for my ignorance. :)

Back