T2110 from BT. RF Passthrough Doesn't Work

Chris Green

I thought it was funny my LG TV repeatedly showed 'No Signal'. I checked the loop-through settings on the T2110, only to confirm that it was supposedly turned on, which it clearly isn't as the TV's signal comes back , as soon at I turn the box on.

It's OK if I turn off high eco-mode in favour of gas-guzzling mode, but I'm sure this combination used to work on the T1000, which Currys replaced under warranty.

I only really bought a YouView box to give me access to all the catch-ups. Smart TVs are starting to by-pass the need for YV. Apart from that 'clever' EPG which includes the past, what else does it have that a recent Samsung TV plus a decent Freeview PVR can't do?

Low power standby mode on HDR-FOX also does not allow signal pass-through. Currently HDR-2000T does not pass through in standby at all (although we are told this will be corrected when they release a firmware update).

Things Every... (click) section 7

@Chris Green. What are the standby options? Is it a binary low power/ no RF pass-through or higher power with pass-through? What are the power requirements of each? If you have a good, strong Freeview signal you could use a passive splitter to give a feed for the TV and another for the Youview box, enabling you to keep the box in low power mode. If your signal is marginal you could use a powered splitter. A simple two way device is not expensive, but would probably use about 15W or so of power. Whether or not this is energy efficient depends on the difference in power requirements of standby modes of the PVR.

The option is

Low power, no RF pass-through(?), no remote scheduling via your smart phone, long wait at startup (about 90 seconds)

or

High power (8W(?) in standby), remote scheduling, almost instant startup.

In the latter case, you can enable or disable RF pass-through. (Can't check if you can in Low Power mode.) RF pass-through adds a few watts to the consumption.

I am not sure I was right about RF passthrough. Maybe you can have it on in eco mode, but it then consumes 3w more. I can't test it without disconnecting our mobile phones from it.

Interesting discussion here, it doesn't make it clear which box it is though:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-box/Eco-Mode-Did-you-realise/td-p/797988

I guess it's the old one, looking at the date. The thought of BSkyB=1 powerstation's worth of power is funny. No, frightening!:frantic:

Anyway, I guess that out of standby the T2100 uses even more power than in standby.

Well certainly on the T2110, the option to select pass-through is still there when hi-eco mode is also selected. If it wasn't intended to work, then wouldn't it be 'greyed-out'?

Well certainly on the T2110, the option to select pass-through is still there when hi-eco mode is also selected. If it wasn't intended to work, then wouldn't it be 'greyed-out'?

I believe you! It will turn high-eco into medium-eco, though, I guess.

I can't test it as doing so requires me to switch to high eco and unregister all attached devices, including my wife's phone. :confused:

Back