Text Editor for Sweeper Rules not opening the file.

Dave F.

Hi
In a subfolder / media /My Video /Agatha Christie's Poirot I've saved a few sweeper rules.
1662643219165.png

If the Text Editor button is pressed is doesn't load the sweeper file but displays a blank window and I have to press 'open' & click through the Humax Filesystem to manually retrieve it.

1662643855871.png

Is this expected behaviour?

The sweeper rules in / media /My Video opens the file in the text editor, as expected.

It works for me.
What WebIf version are you on?
Is there anything in the webif-error.log file?
Do you want to share the exact contents of the file?

Have you actually Saved the changes?
The "Save Changes" is shown in bright yellow implying you haven't actually saved your changes, it would normally appear greyed out (yellowed out) when all changes have been saved, until then the file has not been created.
It would be better if the Text editor button was inactivated whilst there were unsaved changes

Oh, my test folder didn't contain a quote character in its name. That seems to be the problem.

What WebIf version are you on?
Is there anything in the webif-error.log file?
Do you want to share the exact contents of the file?
1662646214864.png

1662646256044.png

A repeat of below for all series. The rules are working as expected.
# Poirot S1
filename Poirot synopsis S1 action {movecreate {Agatha Christie's Poirot/S1}}
# Poirot S2
filename Poirot synopsis S2 action {movecreate {Agatha Christie's Poirot/S2}}

Have you actually Saved the changes?

"I've saved a few sweeper rules."

OK as @prpr has noticed the problem seems to be the apostrophe in the folder name

Until someone has time to fix the package the simplest work around is:
  1. Rename the folder to remove the apostrophe
  2. In the recording schedule for Poirot More->Change Folder and remove apostrophe to prevent problems with new recordings

I don't know whether this is the most correct fix or even a sufficient one to cover all bases, but it appears to cover this one...
In /mod/webif/html/edit/edit.jim at line 15, change forcefile = '$file' to forcefile = \"$file\"

Presumably that will break with a folder name containing ".

This was fixed for some other cases in the browse code with [cgi_quote_url $file]: eg, /mod/webif/html/browse/index.jim:75.

How long does it take to get pushed through? After a 'check updates; it's still on 1.4.9-9 & the remove button is greyed out.

Back