Thank you :-)

Victoria

Finally got round to dismantling my HDR-T2s.
Took the HDD from the one that I couldn't get anything on the TV and couldn't get the remote (physical or virtual to work) but that I suspected the HDD was alright, and put it in another HDR-T2. That HDD, 1TB, does seem fine. Deleted all the (very) old programmes that were sitting on it so it is 'empty' now.

Put my new 2TB HDD in another HDR-T2 :)

Now have 2 HDR-T2s up and running again. WOOHOO. Have tested recording, setting up a future recording, etc.

So far, they're looking good.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the instructions, and answering my questions.

(oh, that old 1TB drive..... anyone's guess as to how long it might last I suppose.... should I buy a new one as a spare... or a waste of money...? I suppose if I did buy a new HDD, then why wouldn't I put it in straight away and take the old 1TB out.......... But if it is a 'perfectly good (old) HDD....... Any thoughts?)

Last edited:
(oh, that old 1TB drive..... anyone's guess as to how long it might last I suppose....
If you install the custom firmware you can get access to the SMART data that the hard drive stores to give an indication of its health. Not easy to interpret but plenty of users here can give you advice about whether the data means the hard drive needs replacement.

If you install the custom firmware you can get access to the SMART data that the hard drive stores to give an indication of its health. Not easy to interpret but plenty of users here can give you advice about whether the data means the hard drive needs replacement.

I'll have a look at that soon, & post what it says. I do have the custom firmware on both T2s.
Am in the process of upgrading to full fibre and BT haven't sent me a smart hub! So things are a little ropey at the moment! Not a very stable connection tonight.

Just excited to have working HDR-T2s again.

More thanks.
cough Making a collection of working HDR-T2s :)
Third one back up and running.

Also got a wifi dongle from uk clearance centre - having read another thread. And that's working....well its connected to the wifi.

happy dance

Back