1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The HDR-FOX T2 and NTSC files

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by Mick, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Mick

Mick Member

Hi all - I've converted a few favourite films (Laurel & Hardy), ripped from DVD and saved as .TS files onto a shared drive the T2 has access to using the custom firmware, and these work as well as do those programmes recorded by the T2, with fast forward and bookmarking.
    However, I thought I'd try the same with a few favourite episodes of Diana Rigg era Avengers, from discs I bought from the US many years ago.
    The files are quite juddery, which I would assume is due to playing back NTSC files on a PAL box. I can, though, use the T2 as a server and then use my smart TV as client and they play back perfectly, but this seems a bit of a roundabout way and I don't get bookmarking etc. going this route.
    Is there anything I could set/unset within the T2 that would play back these files smoothly or is this impossible?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Mick

2. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

Thereare no settings on the Humax relating to PAL / NTSC

3. Mick

Mick Member

As I suspected - I did have a good look around the settings but as Freeview isn't worldwide I thought it unlikely.

Cheers for the reply though, Ezra.

Mick