The weirdest thing - disappearing recordings

ejstubbs

I recorded a programme on Channel 5 the other day, and wanted to transfer it to my computer to burn it to DVD. I have auto-unprotect installed. I selected "Decrypt" for the recording in the WebIf and off it went. When that completed I selected "Extract to MPG" and after a while there was the .mpg file ready to download. Unfortunately the .mpg file wouldn't play on my computer for some unknown reason, so I decided to use mpeg streamclip to convert the .ts file on my computer instead, and deleted the .mpg file.

On connecting to my Humax this morning I was surprised to find that the decrypted .ts file was also gone. I thought that maybe I had deleted it by mistake myself last night (though I'm 99% sure that I didn't) and gave up on the whole idea. I later realised that the original, encrypted version of the .ts file should be in the _original folder, and sure enough it was, so I cut and pasted it back in to the top level video folder. The box was busy FTPing other files to my computer so I couldn't restart it to get the .ts file indexed by the DLNA server straight away.

A while later I noticed that the box had put itself in to standby, interrupting an ongoing FTP transfer and causing it to fail. That was a little inconvenient but at least it meant that I could restart the box, and the .ts file I had recovered from the _original folder should get indexed by the DLNA server and be decryptable. On restarting the box, however, the .ts file wasn't there!

It now looks to me as though the box has managed to lose that particular recording twice, for no readily apparent reason that I can think of.

Anyone ever seen anything like this before, or have any ideas?

It now looks to me as though the box has managed to lose that particular recording twice, for no readily apparent reason that I can think of.
Anyone ever seen anything like this before, or have any ideas?

It sounds like some kind of automated process is moving or tidying up, particularly because you mention the file in question was in the "top level video folder".

Do you have seriesfiler or sweeper or mvdisks installed?

I'm thinking along the lines of this thread: http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/files...ly-from-subfolder-to-ext-hdd.4525/#post-56718

Back