The wokeification of past TV programmes (may have discovered the sleight of hand employed by broadcasters)

sine24

I was wondering why on some series the usual convention of labelling episodes as 16/24 and such like was not used anymore.

It turns out that the would be censors decided to take out whole episodes which do not conform to their stupidity and using the convention above would point it out to everybody else.

Examples : just one for now

white man talks to black man: I discovered in my family tree that some ancestor had slaves. I want to write you a cheque for reparations.

Result?

The whole episode deleted.

Found another one:

The episode deals with midgets of different colours, result: delete the episode

An episode of The Main Chance on TPTV went missing for similar reasons. The episode concerned a black couple trying to adopt (maybe foster) a white baby. The real mother’s mother was a complete bigot - so some unpleasant opinions are challenged in the episode. Broadcaster’s response - don’t show the episode. Isn’t the internet wonderful (sometimes) for finding uncensored episodes!

However, you need to know that the episode has been censored in the first place.

I can't wait to get some time and finally read 1984.

Back