Poll Time Shift Buffer Bug Working

Has the time shift buffer bug improved for you?

• I don't have CH105 and Time Shift Buffer bug has improved

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ezra Pound

Since the HDR-Fox T2 was launched, it has had a bug, if you are watching channel 1 and the unit is fully working, entering '1' from the Remote Control will result in - - - 1 being displayed in the top right hand of the TV and nothing else appears to change, however the Time Shift Buffer stops working resulting in all 'transport' keys being disabled, the WiKi has details of this bug HERE

Recently this bug seems to be partially fixed, so why is this in the Customised Firmware Section?, well, I haven't changed either Humax base code, Custom Firmware code or Kernel for many weeks and I tested for and saw this bug only a few weeks ago, the only thing that I can think of that may have caused the bug to be fixed is the addition of prpr's Channel 5 HD modification

Don't get me wrong this is not in any way a complaint, I am just wondering if somehow prpr's mod could have also inadvertently fixed the time shift buffer bug, may be a few users (both with and without prpr'd mod), could try the bug to see if it is still present

There is a further complication, the bug appears to be only partially fixed, there are exceptions:-

1 >> wait 10 seconds >> pause (working) >> pause** (show chase play) >> 1 >> wait 10 second >> pause (time buffer still working)

** pause above can be replaced by left or right transport controls

BUT

1 >> wait 10 seconds >> pause (working) >> stop*** (show live TV) >> 1 >> wait 10 second >> pause (time buffer not working)

*** or anything else that causes 'show Live TV'

Last edited:
the Remote Control will result in - - - 1 being displayed in the top right hand of the TV and nothing else appears to change, however the Time Shift Buffer stops working resulting in all 'transport' keys being disabled

Watching channel 1 and pressing 1 on the remote for me is still the same i.e. disables all transport keys and o.hmt disappears .I don't have the prpr stuff for lcn 105.

Similar thing happens when pressing media button on remote then yellow button <media> and changing to music or photo option. Dont know what happens with prprs stuff when you change video/music / options.

In my opinion the most likely scenario is that there are unexplored multiple variations in the manifestation of this bug, and all you've done is find another one. Without a thorough analysis of the code itself, it is impossible to be definitive. It seems incredibly unlikely that tweaking the tuning database has had any effect on it whatsoever, and a perceived correlation is not evidence of causation.

Back