Transferring HD recordings from one HDR-FOX T2 to another

Are not All recordings encrypted on the T2? But SD ones will decrypt on copy, whereas HD ones won't (On a standard T2).
If this is the case, would this explain the failure of his 'method 1' that only decrypts HD content.?
Or have I got my knickers in a twist as per usual?

I think you have Trev. The OP is transferring the HDD physically to another machine, no copying involved.

As he was only interested in the HiDef recordings, he was selecting them for individual decryption specifically.

I think you have Trev. The OP is transferring the HDD physically to another machine, no copying involved.
Yes, I appreciate that BH, but does the T2 encrypt all recordings. That's what the 'knickers' ref was about.
As he was only interested in the HiDef recordings, he was selecting them for individual decryption specifically.
So why didn't his 'Plan 1' work?

but does the T2 encrypt all recordings.
Yes
So why didn't his 'Plan 1' work?
No idea, especially as the OP reported "Dec" icons. The Dec icon reports the .hmt as flagging the recording not encrypted, and if the .hmt was out of sync it would really screw things up.

It is easy to select the wrong process when queuing recordings for processing, but that still doesn't explain the Dec icon.

In WebIF I selected all the HD recordings in [FlatView] and queued them for decryption.
[FlatView] that is the missing piece of information that explains everything!

Recordings in FlatView are links to the original files in the recording folders.
Processes such as decryption and shrink create new updated copies of the recording and then delete the original recording and rename the copy to match the original.

With links the deletion breaks the link leaving two different versions of the .ts file. FlatView periodically checks whether the contents of the folder match the original and if the links are broken recreates the links from the original location and removes orphans from the FlatView folder - because normally auto decrypt and shrink run on the original location. But this undoes any updates done in the FlatView folder.

I have long suggested that decrypt and shrink options should be disabled in the FlatView folder but that would introduce messy special case coding.

Last edited:
Back