Trev

RobH1

Sad to point out that Trev hasn't posted for a couple of years(?) now.
A poignant reminder that we are not immortal.

The email address I have just bounces. I have scoured the web for hits and found a letter in the local paper penned by him (some time ago), but the name is common and a phone number I found is the wrong "Trev" of Bexhill.

Google Streetview as of 8 months ago shows a well-maintained property (definitely better than mine!), but as of 3/5/24 there is no record of sale of the address since 2001, so short of a volunteer to go and knock on the door I'll try enquiring by post.

Thanks to @hjug pointing me at a car forum, I've confirmed Trev's death in April 2021. RIP.

Anecdotal evidence is that he has a son, and as there is no record of sale on the property and aerial / Steetview images show it is well maintained, I conclude there might be a surviving spouse*. At this late stage, what do we think about sending condolences to the family from Hummy.TV?

* Zoopla and the like do not list transfer of ownership through the likes of inheritance, so at the very least the property probably remains in the family.

Last edited:
I'm for your suggestion BH. Trev was a constant source of fun in the fora and I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with him.

Yes Trev was a good soul here - can't believe it's over three years since he was here. I seem to recall him having health issues.

Just to play devil's advocate - is it a bit late perhaps for a message to say he has been missed here these last years. It sounds like a good idea, but if his kin have got past it, it may raise ghosts, and possibly they may feel we can't really have missed him that much.
I'll sign anything that is sent though.

It's the problem with forum life - people come and go and you don't always know why.

Currently abroad but on return would happily rename as per BH's suggestion and troll through some of Trev's earlier posts to write a (humourous) eulogy.
If folks don't think it's a good idea then please post to that effect.

As an alternative, I think it would be possible to ping his son on the car forum I mentioned, perhaps refer him to this thread.

Just got internet back up again. BH's suggestion is a fair alternative. I say go with this.
Vote please.

I'm in a tricky spot for consistent internet, so if I don't reply, I'll go with what the majority think.

Just returned from holiday. If anyone still thinks it's worth it after so many years have elapsed, I'll have a crack at it in a few days, although I remember the most humorous posts made during the 'change letters in words' threads were deleted a few years ago.

There are only six members posted in this thread and three have sounded dubious about trying to make contact so late (posts #9,10, 11). So at this point I think we should let things lie.

That does not address...
No, it doesn't. I just feel that if this forum, or any other, had been a big part of his life his family might have known and posted. (I've seen that happen.) If like me his family had no knowledge/interest in this aspect of his life then 3 years down the line ... I just just don't know how they might react.

If he'd left clues as to the whereabouts of his hidden cache of gold then that would be another matter :)

After a lot of thinking of the pros and cons of contacting the family, I feel that Mikesh's post above sums up the situation and we should let things lie.

I only made post #1 as member aekostas resurrected an old thread here and the mods moved my comment to a new one.

Back