Tuned Multiplex Information for DVB-T channels missing on one T2 - Solved

Stummery

The box works without any problems and the EPG shows correctly. If I access the signal information from the OSD it all shows correctly.
But I have noticed that on one of my boxes the multiplex signal information for all the DVB-T channels is blank, but the DVB-T2 info is there.

Humax 1.jpg.

If I expand the channels all the tuned stations show.
My other boxes show the information correctly.
I have tried running fix-flash-packages.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this please ?

The signal strength and quality get populated at the last retune. In your snapshot it looks as though the PSB3/BBC B was the last tuned multiplex and that it was tuned in individually.
When manual tuning, only that last retune will show, unless Tunefix has managed to overwrite zero signal readings in the database with those it cached on the previous reboot.

Last edited:
Don't worry about it, you can see live signal strengths via the Hidden service menu

The data displayed on that webif menu is always out of date, it is pity that noone has worked out how to access the live signal data from the webif

But I have noticed that on one of my boxes the multiplex signal information for all the DVB-T channels is blank, but the DVB-T2 info is there.
I'll state the same in different words:

The strength and quality stats are only those saved at the last retune, and if the last retune was manual then you only get the stats for the last mux tuned. If you want to see all those stats populated, you must do an auto channel scan.

The information is of very little relevance, as it is only what was gathered at the time and is not current.

OK, thanks for all your helpful replies.
I have carried out an auto retune and all the information is now present.

Humax 2.jpg

Thank you for the information as to how and when the information is gathered, as it is not live data it is of little use.
If I want or need to check in the future I will use the OSD.

@prpr: might be a good idea to add a footnote on the WebIF >> Diagnostics >> Mux Info page, something to the effect:

"NB: The above information is a snapshot as captured when last tuned. If tuned manually, only the signal strength and quality for the particular mux tuned last has been captured. This does not show the current strength and quality; for that see Menu > System > Signal Detection on the 'Fox itself."​

BTW: the S & Q bars on the i-plate display are also a static snapshot, frozen at the time the i-plate is displayed. The only ways to get live continuous monitoring is via Menu >> System >> Signal Detection or using the tuner signal test in the service menu.

Last edited:
I have carried out an auto retune and all the information is now present.
You seem to be somewhat lacking in services though, which kind of implies tunefix might be installed and is culling ones you don't want, but then why would it not have fixed your (formerly) 0 strength/quality figures? Something doesn't add up.
might be a good idea to add a footnote on the WebIF >> Diagnostics >> Mux Info page
I'll put in on the list of things that never get finished.

Correct, tunefix is installed and carrying out its process - thank you for that package. :)
I mainly do manual tuning, in channel order, so 29 is the last mux tuned and as Luke and BH said it will only populate the signal information for that last mux.
As the signal data information is not live, if it was up to me, I would just remove those 2 columns from the table altogether.

tunefix is installed...
I mainly do manual tuning
With tunefix installed (and appropriately configured), there is no need for manual tuning.

As the signal data information is not live, if it was up to me, I would just remove those 2 columns from the table altogether.
That's reducing the diagnostic information made available. Don't reduce it, just educate people what it means (or doesn't mean).

Back