[tunefix-update] Automated Freeview channel updates

1.0.137:
Rename GREAT! christmas to GREAT! romance​
Rename GREAT! christmas mix to GREAT! romance mix​
Rename That's Christmas to That's TV 2​
Rename That's Christmas MCR to That's TV 2 MCR​
Rename Best Xmas Music to That's 80s​

and it's not even twelfth night. Bah humbug.

1.0.138:
Add Together TV+1 on LCN 92 (COM6)​

(Re-using the space they (almost) vacated in the move of Together TV back to COM4.)

1.0.139:
LCN change from 204 to 203 for CBBC HD​
LCN change from 205 to 204 for CBeebies HD​

I found this morning that one of my two boxes had crashed overnight and rebooted into the installation menu. The other box did the same on January 29. It may be a complete coincidence, but these crashes coincided with the last two versions of Tunefix-Update. In both cases, the custom software made a recovery from the crashes relatively painless.

I'd be happy to provide any other information that could confirm or eliminate the connection.

I guess you were compelled to re-tune at that point, which will have blown away the database and therefore any analysis is not possible.

1.0.140:
Remove GREAT! movies extra​
Remove Tiny Pop​
LCN change from 89 to 93 for ITV4+1​
LCN change from 92 to 90 for Together TV+1​
LCN change from 206 to 205 for POP​
LCN change from 208 to 206 for POP MAX​
Add Shop On TV on LCN 89 (COM4)​
Add GREAT! real on LCN 61 (Local)​

1.0.140:
Remove GREAT! movies extra​
Remove Tiny Pop​
LCN change from 89 to 93 for ITV4+1​
LCN change from 92 to 90 for Together TV+1​
LCN change from 206 to 205 for POP​
LCN change from 208 to 206 for POP MAX​
Add Shop On TV on LCN 89 (COM4)​
Add GREAT! real on LCN 61 (Local)​
Also noticed Freeview LCN:100 has gone. This is not mentioned on Freeview.co.uk
It was my startup channel, now using BBC RB LCN:250.

Also noticed Freeview LCN:100 has gone.
Ah, I had to rationalise the maintenance of the "data" channels (which don't do anything useful on these units and can cause a crash) to cope with this week's changes and that's an unfortunate victim. 555 will have gone as well, not that that's any use either. I guess I could special case those two if you want?

Last edited:
Ah, I had to rationalise the maintenance of the "data" channels (which don't do anything useful on these units and can cause a crash) to cope with this week's changes and that's a unfortunate victim. 555 will have gone as well, not that that's any use either. I guess I could special case those two if you want?
No problem, I'll use LCN:250, It was that LCN:100 was blank so no screen wear if left on it.
I don't know LCN:555, its not on my LG TV which I'll use sometimes to check for changes as I can't delete them.
How does LCN:100 cause crashes? Incidently can it cause EPG problems?

Last edited:
How does LCN:100 cause crashes?
It doesn't, but some of the ones in the 200+ series have been known to.
Incidently can it cause EPG problems?
Some of the ones in the 200+ series seem to issue enormous amounts of updates. Whether that causes problems I don't know, but they are better off removed, as Humax haven't exactly got a great track record when it comes to EPG stability on their various generations of boxes.

Back