TV Portal crashing my box

web16

I am running CFW 2.20 on HDR FOX T2 firmware version 1.03.12 . Appreciate support per-se for this version of CFW has ended, but as it has served me very well for the last 18 months or so I haven’t upgraded.
This question relates to use of TV Portal / iPlayer.
I don’t use this function much, but when I do I tend to let something run on iPlayer then save it as the last streamed content, which I have done without issue several times.
Last week (8/8) I attempted to do so, but when I came to save it after streaming, I noticed the creation date in the metadata was from 3 days previously (5/5). When I then played the saved stream, it actually played a film I had recorded from normal broadcast ITV2 on 5/5. I tried again – same result.
More perplexing was the fact that on the first attempt I streamed in HD and then saved, and on the second attempt I streamed in SD – and the file size shown dropped by c.50% and yet what played was the same film recorded 3 days previously?
I put the box in standby, let the disc spin down then powered down with the toggle switch at the back before booting up again. This time, when I tried to access the TV portal the box just crashed (and re-booted itself). Tried again 3 minutes later – crash and re-boot again. On the third attempt, iPlayer did load, broadcast for 3 minutes then crashed yet again. At that point I gave up for fear of causing further problems on what has been to date a perfectly reliable system. I couldn’t find anything relevant on a search through this forum. Any ideas from you guys would be most appreciated. Ta

This time, when I tried to access the TV portal the box just crashed (and re-booted itself). Tried again 3 minutes later – crash and re-boot again. On the third attempt, iPlayer did load, broadcast for 3 minutes then crashed yet again.
This is not terribly uncommon in my experience, but may be related to...

I don’t use this function much, but when I do I tend to let something run on iPlayer then save it as the last streamed content, which I have done without issue several times. Last week (8/8) I attempted to do so, but when I came to save it after streaming, I noticed the creation date in the metadata was from 3 days previously (5/5). When I then played the saved stream, it actually played a film I had recorded from normal broadcast ITV2 on 5/5. I tried again – same result. More perplexing was the fact that on the first attempt I streamed in HD and then saved, and on the second attempt I streamed in SD – and the file size shown dropped by c.50% and yet what played was the same film recorded 3 days previously?
This speaks to me of file system errors. Quick Guide to Disk Recovery (click)

Back