[tvdiary] TV Diary 0.0.3-5 update with Real Time Scheduling

I was lucky with the company I worked for. A 12 hour Saturday night shift paid for 12 hours when the clocks went forward and 13 hours when they went back.

Yes, that is what happened to me as well. In NZ it is required by law, but the guy signing off the timesheet tried to short change me by an hour when the clocks went forward, until I pointed out that the employment regulations stipulated that the missing hour was paid as though worked.

When looking for test data for calculating overtime from timesheets, I worked out the scenario of Santa Clause starting delivering at the International Date Line at midnight Christmas Day, then working his way around to finish back at the International Date Line at the end of Christmas Day.
I think it was 50 hour day. I called it the Lazy Santa scenario because it meant loads of children would have to wait up until midnight to receive their presents.
And Santa lives in Finland, so don't get me started on the Finnish rules for accruing and taking holiday!

So you don't see a problem with Airline, Shipping and rail timetables between us and the rest of Europe if we change our clocks and they don't?, I think the organisations in question might disagree with you there

We only started using daylight saving time to follow Germany and the rest of Europe after the first world war

So you don't see a problem with Airline, Shipping and rail timetables between us and the rest of Europe if we change our clocks and they don't?, I think the organisations in question might disagree with you there

We only started using daylight saving time to follow Germany and the rest of Europe after the first world war
The USA doesn't change its clocks until next weekend, and the southern hemisphere change in the opposite direction so airlines and other businesses already have to cope with multiple time zone differences,

Problems only arise when the rules are changed without sufficient notice for schedules and automated systems that have been set up a long time in advance.

So you don't see a problem with Airline, Shipping and rail timetables between us and the rest of Europe if we change our clocks and they don't?
Nope. Been doing it for years, it's just change for change sake. The only people it presents a problem to are those so stuck up their own arses they don't realise other people might be on a different time.

I feel like I'm trying to defend something that I don't particularly want to defend, all I am saying is that in my opinion if the EU stops daylight saving then the UK will follow, if you don't want that to happen, then contact someone who gives a sh*t - not me

I feel like I'm trying to defend something that I don't particularly want to defend
That's fair enough, but nonetheless you stated an opinion which doesn't seem very well supported by the evidence you cited yourself. It does not appear inevitable at all:
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/uk-clocks-change-2020-daylight-savings-time said:
While Europe might be well on its way to ditching seasonal clock changes, it remains to be seen if post-Brexit Britain will fall in line. Now that the UK has left the European Union, it is free to continue using daylight saving time if it wants

I don't know why you even brought it up.

Could anyone show me a way to search TVDiary for films I have recorded and/or watched?
Assuming you have TVDiary installed and it's been running a while, you can search by clicking the Programme Search tab.
You can't specify films over other programmes, but in my sticky searches under Watchlist I take advantage of the convention they use in the listings of putting the release year of films in brackets.
There I just specify partial dates to get films from the last decade.
In this example I'm searching for films from 2008 by entering "(2008)" and checking that the synopsis contains it somewhere.
Then you can press Search Diary to go back in history, or Search EPG to look in the future.

In this example I still haven't got around to watching In Bruges properly - just starting a few times. I decided after 2 minutes that I didn't want to watch 2020: Doomsday, and that's not on disk any more.
When those programmes come up in the EPG in the future they'll be flagged, and I'll remember not bothering to record it again.

I find it most useful catching up on long running series on Dave or Quest, where shows turn up out of sequence.

1607685456368.png

You can also see what you recorded and watched in the Monthly Summaries, but you won't get it filtered down to things that look like films.

Thanks for your reply.

So, I should do a series of searches in the Synopsis field such as
(197
(198
(199
(200
to catch films in those decades?

Thanks for your reply.

So, I should do a series of searches in the Synopsis field such as
(197
(198
(199
(200
to catch films in those decades?
That's roughly what I do. But it's relying on the synopsis actually following that convention.
I just double-checked the watchlist search spec I use, and I see I also look for years inside square brackets. And I use asterisk wildcards.
eg
C||C||C|(20*)|
C||C||C|[20*]|
S|New:|E|E4|C||
S|New:|E|Channel 5 HD|C||
S|New:|S|bbc|C||
S|New:|E|ITV HD|C||

The single letter codes are C=contains, S=starts, E=ends. And the columns are title, channel, synopsis.
So this configures TVDiary to show suggestions every day highlighting films since 2000, and show titles prefixed with New:.

So, your searches are correct, but could be more completely specified as
(197*)
(198*)
(199*)
(20*)
and you'll catch more if you also specify
[197*]
[198*]
[199*]
[20*]
It looks like it's mostly the BBC that uses square brackets.
For manual searches you're find leaning the wildcard and the end bracket off, as you said.

Back