Resolved Unable to reply to thread

Does your problem just relate to that thread? Are you able to reply to other threads?

You have just replied to this thread.

First I have been able to. Got this error posting in original thread.

The following error occurred:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/threads/humax-foxsat-box.6573/add-reply on this server.

Brian sorted. Seems you can't enter the proper full name of a Windows executable file with the dot between command name and the exe extension. Seems very odd.

Brian sorted. Seems you can't enter the proper full name of a Windows executable file with the dot between command name and the exe extension. Seems very odd.
Are you able to confirm this by entering another Windows executable file name?

telnet exe with dot has also given me the forbidden warning.

Seems to be some sort of anti virus/spam measure. It's driven me mad for some hours. Going to try saying run Word.exe. As you can see it appears to be Windows command level executables, not standard software. How about DIR.exe

There is no DIR.exe - it's a command built in to cmd (dot) exe

It's all completely ridiculous anyway. Why should it object to dumb Windoze apps. and not to Linux ones for example?
Websites are supposed to be OS agnostic.

I can't see why there should be a restriction in text in a forum post - it's not like anything will be looking for executable commands. Perhaps parties with Xenforo knowledge could look into it and see if it's a hard-coded restriction or something in the configuration for this forum in particular, or maybe imposed by the web host.

Either way, it's taken this long to find that I don't see it as advice newbies need, and non-newbies won't be looking at the guide anyway. It makes it bloody difficult to discuss anything about operating systems though.

A similar technique has also been used on Digital Spy to post replies shorter than 5 characters.

cmd dot exe. Wouldn't let me post the real version. regedit.exe, but that was OK. cmd. so you deffo need the .exe extension as well as cmd.

Back