Unable to switch to second Humax on RS website

renzz

For years I've managed two HDRs using RS, switching between them by selecting the relevant one from the Device drop-down. Over the past few days, I've found I can no longer do this - with Humax1 displayed, selecting Humax2 from the drop-down causes the browser window to refresh, but it just re-shows Humax1.

I'm using Chrome, and thinking it may be an add-on causing it, I disabled them all, but still had the problem (they haven't changed in months anyway). I tried Edge, and all worked well, so it looks to be an issue with Chrome.

I opened up the Chrome Developers Console, and tried to select the second Humax. I then started to see a lot of these messages in the Console:

Code:
A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at <URL> was set without the `SameSite` attribute. It has been blocked, as Chrome now only delivers cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at <URL> and <URL>

Chrome Developer Console has an Issues tab which also says this:

Code:
Because a cookie's SameSite attribute was not set or is invalid, it defaults to SameSite=Lax, which prevents the cookie from being sent in a cross-site request. This behavior protects user data from accidentally leaking to third parties and cross-site request forgery.

Resolve this issue by updating the attributes of the cookie:
Specify SameSite=None and Secure if the cookie should be sent in cross-site requests. This enables third-party use.
Specify SameSite=Strict or SameSite=Lax if the cookie should not be sent in cross-site requests

A bit of Googling led me to this - https://www.chromium.org/updates/same-site , which looks like a change is being made by Google which has just rolled out to all Chrome users.

Could anyone else who uses Chrome and has multiple HDRs using RS please see if you have the same issue? If so, then I guess this is one for @af123

We had another similar report recently*. I think maybe RS has its knickers in a twist for some accounts.

* Update: have searched but can't find the forum post in question. Anybody own up?

Last edited:
Ok, I tried something I should really have done before posting here - I deleted all cookies for rs.hpkg.tv - and it fixed it 😡

I still wonder if the changes made to cookie handling were relevant and whether @af123 had made any changes lately to cater for it? Otherwise, I guess I should just put it down to a blip.

Thanks all for checking.

Back