1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading from 9200T ?

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by tonyb61, Aug 9, 2012.

1. tonyb61

tonyb61 New Member

I'm thinking of upgrading my 9200T to a HDR-FOX T2.
    I had a couple of questions.

What apps are supported on the humax tv portal ? Iplayer ? other channels catch up ? Youtube ? Lovefilm ? Or where can I see a list ?

The box seems to be capable of being a DLNA digital media renderer, so can it definitely play audio/video from a DLNA media server on my pc ?

Dos it have audio line out ?

Thanks
    Tony

2. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

There is a great deal of information already on the forum (and other forums, and the user manual is available on-line). However, briefly:

iPlayer? - Yes

Other channels catch up? - No

Youtube? - Yes

Lovefilm? - No

Or where can I see a list? - At present: BBC iPlayer; Wiki@TV; Flickr; YouTube; Picasa; Teletext Holidays. Internet Radio is off line at the moment but is expected to make a re-appearance. The custom software adds a few back-door services, in particular Sky Player (which could stop working at any time).

Can it definitely play audio/video from a DLNA media server on my PC? - Yes

Does it have audio line out? - Yes

3. tonyb61

tonyb61 New Member

Thanks for the info.
    From what I gather humax has switched it's development in this area to youview so probably that list is it ?

Not sure whether worth doing it with such limited support. Maybe I should go for another digital media renderer to add internet support to my TV ?

But the HD ability would be nice, and presumably the bug list on the PVR capabilities is reduced on the DVRFox T2 compared to my old 9200T ?

4. MartinLiddle

MartinLiddle Super Moderator Staff Member

The main YouView software is standard across all manufacturers so the YouView box probably isn't taking up a vast amount of Humax development effort.

It depends what your priorities are. If you want primarily a PVR (that does quite a lot of other things but not everything) then this is a very good box; if you want primarily a digital media renderer then you want something else.
    There are still a few quirks but this is a very good PVR which in our experience works significantly better than the 9200 in a number of ways.